Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just checking the month...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM
  • 8 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you all ready have your Christmas stuff out?

Options:

no, not until after Thanksgiving

Yup...I'm a nut. It's been out for a while now

Other.. please explain

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 35

View Results

It is still November right?  This months holiday is Thanksgiving right?

Just checking because half of our neighbors put out christmas decorations, the stores have christmas decorations out... I saw three christmas trees going down the road after picking up my son...

Why isn't Thanksgiving an important holiday anymore? Is it because you don't get free stuff like at Christmas? You still get to spend time with family? Let thanksgiving have it's holiday!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
stefvan
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:11 PM

NO WAY!  We don't put it out until December.  No holiday skipping in my house (or my birthday for that matter!) 

HungarianQueen
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

I want to give thanksgiving its own holiday and for DD to be excited about turkey and pumpkins and fall... so I wait until the day after Thanksgiving to start Christmas decorating... I don't want to disrespect Thanksgiving like that. lol.  

KT9105
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:12 PM

nope we are never home for Christmas so we haven't done a tree since 2004 and that one was a little one.

Lizzy317
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:13 PM

I don't really do Black Friday shopping so while everyone is still sleeping I go drag everything out of the shed and put it.  But not before THANKSGIVING!!!!

Lizzy317
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:19 PM

Bump.

I know someone out there all ready has their stuff out... I would honestly like to know why so early?

Olivetobe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:20 PM

I do not put up Xmas decor until the weekend after Thanksgiving Day.

VinnysMomma10
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:26 PM

I don't really have any Thanksgiving decor so I just leave some of my pumpkin and leaf decor out from after Halloween. But I do not put up Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving (usually the day after). I LOVE Thanksgiving and everything it stands for, so I like to wait atleast till it is over before going onto the next holiday. Although my sister's BF told her to take their Halloween decor down the day after Halloween so she did and put out all her Christmas decor... a week later it snowed and we got like 3-4 inches.... when she complained about the snow my mom and I told her it was her fault for rushing Christmas.... lol

TTC A 2010 Baby Girl~Click for Loveā™„Letters

Lizzy317
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:37 PM

Quoting VinnysMomma10:

I don't really have any Thanksgiving decor so I just leave some of my pumpkin and leaf decor out from after Halloween. But I do not put up Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving (usually the day after). I LOVE Thanksgiving and everything it stands for, so I like to wait atleast till it is over before going onto the next holiday. Although my sister's BF told her to take their Halloween decor down the day after Halloween so she did and put out all her Christmas decor... a week later it snowed and we got like 3-4 inches.... when she complained about the snow my mom and I told her it was her fault for rushing Christmas.... lol

I agree.  Don't rush a winter holiday if your not wanting everything that goes with it!  BTW, I love your siggy... fits in with the CURRENT holiday!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)