Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When is it my turn?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM
  • 9 Replies

i've got 3 sick kids and i'm sick myself. not only is DH going to his bowling league tonight but tomorrow night he is leaving to go to the hunting shack until Wednesday night. He was also gone from Friday night until last night. When do i get a break? He didn't even ask how i felt about him being gone so much when we are all sick. oh but i better have supper done at 5 when he gets home so he's not late for bowling. Sometimes i don't think men think

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Olivetobe
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM

:(

Tell him you're feeling too icky to cook - so it's a fast food grab on his way to have fun with his friends. In fact, ask him to go out and get the entire family some take home food. A little pampering when one is sick goes a long way.

I think that is rather unfair. My husband would cancel his plans if the whole household was ill. He'd want to be home taking care of everyone and he'd feel guilty making plans.

Tell him you're sick and the kids are sick. If he HAS to go out, fine, but you shouldn't have to cook, etc.

Sorry :(

mlmartinez
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:28 PM

i know how ya feel!

CafeMom Tickers
lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:29 PM

a lot of times, people don't take the time to realize how sick someone else is, so you have to tell them.  also, he might not know you need a break.  just tell him how you're feeling

EnigmaMuse
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:32 PM

You will get a break when you take one.

That's it.. If you need a break, you demand it, make time for it and take it.

As long as a woman is willing to put herself on the back burner, and allow her needs to go unmet.. Then that is how long she will remain on the back burner with her needs going unmet.

Men, well the majority, for the most part don't think.. They damn sure do not think like a woman does. That's why a woman can not (in most cases, with many men) can not sit back and wait for a man to get the hint, sit back and wait for a man to giver her a break, sit back and wait for a man to just know through osmosis what her needs are and fulfill them..  In order for a woman to get those things, a woman has to take the initiative to make it happen.

Sorry your sick though, and having sick kids on top of it, man  that's rough.. Hope you get to feeling better.

AngelMama6203
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:33 PM

Personally, I would tell him if he wants dinner done by 5 then he better be home to cook itm cause with 3 sick kids and being sick, there's no way I would be doing ANYTHING but the bare minimum. But that's JMHO. I would talk to him... he should certainly be helping you more...

~AngelMama~

Maidwitch
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:41 PM

well if he think he can do what he pleased him during you and the Kids are sick, fine when he ask by 5 where is my supper i would answer you know Hun where the Kitchen,the stove and Pots are, make yourself dinner if bowling ,Hunting and other things more important are as to help me here when I and the children are sick as a dog. So have fun by cooking your own supper because i and the children go to bed.

Daniela Guillen-Pulliam
-----
Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/Maidwitch
Crazy4Mustangs
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM

Tell him to kiss your ass!

CafeMom Tickers
Sassie113
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 4:44 PM

I know how you feel... I sit here and do nothing but take care of kids and my hubby planned a week long snowmobile trip over Christmas break... I made a comment about how long he is going to be gone and he says "Well, I need to have fun" ...

northernmommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:17 PM

thanks ladies, DH is going to be outa luck in the food department tonight, evey time i stand up (or sit up for very long) i get all dizzy and lightheaded. screw him i got enough on my plate tonight.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker

Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)