Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Turkey prices help!?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
  • 3 Replies

I am trying to figure out where to get ym turkey. I want a butterball turkey. I live in San Diego. Vons has Butterball for $8.00 for up to 16lbs turkey at this price till Tuesday night. Then Alberston has buy on get one free Butterball turkey, but doesn't say how much the turkey is per pound. I asked my hubby to check at the Commasairy, but he is tired of going there, been there too much the past week. Albertson has a Village Market turkey for 99 cents a pound and if I use the $10 coupon  it comes out to 28 cents a pound. I would prefer butterball turkey that what we used for the past few years. I got the ads and all too and check them out. What kind of turkey do you moms prefer? Is there really a different between Butterball and a off brand?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Crystallynn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

Personally, I think turkey is turkey.... and I bought a Riverside brand turkey from walmart for .40cents a pound.....  

momma2-3boys
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:15 PM

I have never had a taste difference between Turkeys. 

It is all in the way you cook it.

Last year I got an "off brand" turkey and MIL bought a Butterball.  I cooked both the same way and we could not tell which one was which!

I just bought a 13 pound turkey from Walmart for 5.50!  It was .40 cents a pound!  It as off brand.

imechard
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

This is what we did, can't beat that price, but if you can get 28 cents, I would say go for it

Quoting Crystallynn:

Personally, I think turkey is turkey.... and I bought a Riverside brand turkey from walmart for .40cents a pound.....  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)