Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMG! WTF WAS HE THINKING?!?!?!?!?!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:31 PM
  • 7 Replies

I had to change the title...wasn't getting any feedback...lol.

Dh has been sick lately (he went to the field for two work weeks in a row and came back with a slight cold)...and now it has progressed.

He had a fever of 102.2 last night, then this morning it was 101 and then when he went to sick call, it was 102.5...they gave him fluids in an IV and also called in a prescription for him (which I have to pick up tomorrow)...

Well, after talking with his dad, he thinks he may be coming down with the swine flu. The doctor he saw today said there were 19 confirmed cases here (I think he meant on post with soldiers...we live in Europe).

Well, DH did get me and our son sick when  he came back from the field the first time...we both came down with minor colds (and we were miserable for a few days).

Dh and I are taking extra precautions around the house because our son is only 4wks old. DH wears a face mask if he has to be around him and I am washing my hands more than usual (I'm not sick...but I am around DH's germs).

I took our son's temp this morning after Dh told me what he was told and it was only 98.1 so he's still okay for now...I intend to check it daily until Dh gets better.

I am also sleeping in the living room bc Dh has the bedroom...so I am sleeping on the couch with our baby.

I am just worried and dont want my son to get sick...he's only a baby and has a weaker immune system than Dh and I do...

is there anything else I should do? Those who have contracted the H1N1 flu, how were your kids?

thanks for any advice!

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:40 PM

bump, anyone?

hmmm, maybe I should change the title...lol!

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:41 PM

Are you breastfeeding?  That's the best way to strengthen your baby's immune system.  If you aren't, then just continue to do what you are doing and take precautions.  That's really all you can do.  It's a virus and has to run it's course.  Are they giving your DH Tamiflu?  You might be able to take it yourself as a preventative.  At least that would lessen the chances of you getting it and possibly giving it to your baby.  Most cases of H1N1 are mild and no worse than the seasonal flu so I wouldn't panic.

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:42 PM

no, I am formula feeding...

Dh is more worried about it than I am...I told him that as long as he doesn't handle him all that much and keeps washing his hands, everything should be fine...but he is still scared sh*tless that DS is going to get it...

Quoting butterflyblu:

Are you breastfeeding?  That's the best way to strengthen your baby's immune system.  If you aren't, then just continue to do what you are doing and take precautions.  That's really all you can do.  It's a virus and has to run it's course.  Are they giving your DH Tamiflu?  You might be able to take it yourself as a preventative.  At least that would lessen the chances of you getting it and possibly giving it to your baby.  Most cases of H1N1 are mild and no worse than the seasonal flu so I wouldn't panic.

A_Renee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:46 PM

I'll reply...

My daughter had the regular flu and we had a 12 month baby at the time, but deftinitely did not want to get her sick or me because I have really bad asthma and a cold is not just a cold when I get it...

I sanitized my butt off.....Lysol, Colorox wipes everything....I don;t know if it help, but the baby did not get sick....so I would say sanitize as much as you can..

mommy2_2008
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:49 PM

Make sure you sanatize everything, especially your bedroom after DH is feeling better. Hope your LO doesnt get it and ur hubby gets well soon. 

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:51 PM

When I go to pick up Dh's prescription tomorrow, I planned on getting some lysol spray (kills 99.9% of all germs, including the flu virus....lol...I recited that to Dh earlier).

So, we should be good if I just spray the shit out of everything....

Quoting A_Renee:

I'll reply...

My daughter had the regular flu and we had a 12 month baby at the time, but deftinitely did not want to get her sick or me because I have really bad asthma and a cold is not just a cold when I get it...

I sanitized my butt off.....Lysol, Colorox wipes everything....I don;t know if it help, but the baby did not get sick....so I would say sanitize as much as you can..

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:53 PM

lol, it's like he's in quaranteen in there...lol.

when he was sick last week, after he felt a bit better, he washed everything for me...

he told me today, "I don't think you should sleep on the sheets and stuff in there."

and I responded with, "No problem...I really don't want to sleep where your nasty flu germs are infested anyways." (we were joking with one another...he laughed).

Quoting mommy2_2008:

Make sure you sanatize everything, especially your bedroom after DH is feeling better. Hope your LO doesnt get it and ur hubby gets well soon. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)