Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It F***** hurts!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM
  • 5 Replies

i have had the Mirena IUD for 3 years now and  i went to the nurse at work today because lately i have had a problem that when i do anything repetitively (like bending over to pick something up, stretching or leaning) i have been getting this pinching feeling around my pelvic bone area. it does not feel like period cramps, but rather someone or something is pinching at my insides and it hurts like hell. 

also, i have had the issue that i cannot feel my "strings" on my iud anymore... do you ladies think it is related? the nurse at work thinks so and i have a gynecologist appointment Weds morning.

has anyone else been through this? what did you go through at the doctor?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
debbie26
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:52 PM

Um I only could not feel my strings at one point freaked out went to the Gyno and he found them they sometimes can get soften from the mucus and rap up around your cervix... But i don't know about the pinching thing... Good Luck how long have you had your mirena inn..

CatesMom0816
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:54 PM

Quoting debbie26:

Um I only could not feel my strings at one point freaked out went to the Gyno and he found them they sometimes can get soften from the mucus and rap up around your cervix... But i don't know about the pinching thing... Good Luck how long have you had your mirena inn..

i have had it in right at  3 years

CatesMom0816
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:01 PM

bump

TheLastLetter
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM

Yes. Mine had dislogged and went up instead of out. I had to have it removed.  now I worry if it caused probs and I wont be able to get preggers or will have problems (its hard enough for us)

Quoting CatesMom0816:

i have had the Mirena IUD for 3 years now and  i went to the nurse at work today because lately i have had a problem that when i do anything repetitively (like bending over to pick something up, stretching or leaning) i have been getting this pinching feeling around my pelvic bone area. it does not feel like period cramps, but rather someone or something is pinching at my insides and it hurts like hell. 

also, i have had the issue that i cannot feel my "strings" on my iud anymore... do you ladies think it is related? the nurse at work thinks so and i have a gynecologist appointment Weds morning.

has anyone else been through this? what did you go through at the doctor?

CatesMom0816
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:39 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)