Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anybody making Christmas Presents this year?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM
  • 14 Replies

Im making the majority of our Christmas gifts this year.  I have a few ideas already, but would like something that I can make for the men in my family.  Does anybody have any ideas as to what a man would like thats homemade?   Im at a loss as to what my dad might like! lol

And let me know anything you ladies are making this year!  Doesnt have to be 'man friendly'!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
x_sabine_x
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:02 PM

When I was younger I used to make jewelry for all the ladies in my family (I have a really small family so it wasn't a big project). I always went to the dollar store to get random things for my dad, he loves that kind of stuff, especially gag gifts.

I'm trying to come up with things i can make this year, we aren't gonna have too much money for christmas so I think it's time to get creative. I'm gonna keep an eye on this post for ideas :)

-Ellen-

Viperkaylin
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:05 PM

I'm doing homemade in the hopes that it won't be quite as expensive. I went to marthastewart.com and she has some good ideas. Plus I love to bake for the holidays so I will be doing platters, tins, baskets, etc of homemade goodies for friends, some family, and people DH works with. What ideas do you have?

mstnbecki
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:10 PM

my man loves it when pppl give him homemade sweets. my nieghbor makes cookies and rum balls and gives them out to everyone at christmas time. Food is always good for men. 

mom_love07
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:18 PM

i sure am.

for my younger sil and her hubby, i am making a movie night basket. my mom and i are going to be baking cookies and stuff, so i am going to give them some of them, some puppy chow, going to the dollar tree to get a basket and stuff, and also some of my sil fav candy. also making a gift in a jar hot choco mix, which i will get some cheap mugs for that at dollar store too.

for older sil and hubby, i am doing a breads and spreads type basket, with different homeade jams/jellies and diff breads. and probably a gift in a jar dog treat mix, cause they have 2 dogs.

my mom, dad, and sis, am probably doing the same movie night basket for them. for mom and dad, an ornament with my dd handprint on it, some framed artwork or hers and a pic. then basically the same for mil and fil minus the movie night basket. i will do a coffee one for them. 

*Stefan Salvatore is my Edward Cullen.*

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:18 PM

I thought about baking a bunch of goodies, since I usually do anyways.  But Im Due to pop out this baby December 24th, & already have a hard time standing for more then 15 minutes at a time. Im also on alot of restirctionsdue to preterm labor.  

So minimal baking is going to happen this year! lol

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:20 PM

I will post all of the links to my gift making ideas when I get home in about 25 mins.  I have them saved to my computer there, and Im @ my moms doing laundry now.......lol

Schleetle
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM

I am going to take some pictures of our new baby when she arrives (by the end of the month), and get some scrapbook paper/supplies to make a nice picture page then frame them to give at Christmas. She will be too little to take for professional pics before Christmas... Man friendly I have no idea maybe something knitted, or crocheted if you know how to do either of those.

Pregnancy Ticker

Seanswife05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I've known what I want to get or make everyone for awhile. Everyone except my Dad that is. He is so hard to shop for because he really doesn't need or want anything. So I kept asking my mom and sister for ideas. We're having Christmas with them on Thanksgiving because they're coming down to spend it with us since we can't be there for Christmas. Well the other night he texted me and told me what he wanted. He wants a photo collage of me, DH, and DD. He said that would be the best gift ever since he only sees us a couple times a year. So that's what he's getting.

MelaniesMama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:08 PM

AAWWW come on? nobody does homemade gifts anymore?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)