Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

question for smokers

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM
  • 5 Replies

Most of the people I know that smoke started as a kid.What age did you start smoking.I was 13 when I started I have now been smoke free for 3 weeks.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
rainylittlebug
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:04 PM

well for starters, CONGRATS on being smoke free  for 3 weeks! i started smoking about the age of 15, i quit when i got pregnant and stayed away from them until right after i had my son, i started dealing with ppd and tried to keep it hidden and smoking just found it's way back into my life, now that im on the quest of getting help for my ppd im also going to work on quitting again.  

mstnbecki
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:08 PM

my first cig I had at 9, didnt like it.

did it again at 12 and im now 40. 

denise3680
by Bronze Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:14 PM

I started playing with cigs.  at age 10 but started smoking at around 12/13.  I have now been 9 years smoke free.  I quit on April 9th at 7:30 p.m.  cold turkey.  Congrats. on 3 weeks.:)

Chaotic_Rayne
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:22 PM

PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU DID! I'm prego and craving cigs... I've been trying to quit but nothing has worked.

Glitter TextGlitter Text

MikeysMom51108
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:25 PM

I started smoking socially when I was 17--it was maybe 4 cigarettes a month at that point.

At 19, I started smoking regularly.

At 21, I got pregnant and quit for a year.

Shortly after I quit breastfeeding, I started smoking again.

Now, I'm pregnant, and I've finally managed to quit smoking again. Yes, I know, I should have quit as soon as I found out I was pregnant. But, I didn't....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)