Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

FIL left went on vacation and left us with a sick dog.

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

I posted a vent about this yesterday, but it turns out the dog is really really sick. Who would do that? FIL knows I am at the end of my pregnancy and DH usually works a lot. Of course, FIL says that I have nothing better to do really than take care of the dog, even though we have 3 of our own. But what kind of a**hole goes on a last minute vacation and TELLS his family to watch his dog, then lets the family discover the dog is sick? From the symptoms it looks like the dog's stomach has turned, which is fatal. So we have to take it to the vet tomorrow and probably be saddled with a huge bill that FIl won't pay back, just like last time he did this to us. And be responsible for getting the poor dog euthanized. Way to go, FIL.

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
OkieGirlKatrina
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:31 PM

Quoting abstractmommy:

I posted a vent about this yesterday, but it turns out the dog is really really sick. Who would do that? FIL knows I am at the end of my pregnancy and DH usually works a lot. Of course, FIL says that I have nothing better to do really than take care of the dog, even though we have 3 of our own. But what kind of a**hole goes on a last minute vacation and TELLS his family to watch his dog, then lets the family discover the dog is sick? From the symptoms it looks like the dog's stomach has turned, which is fatal. So we have to take it to the vet tomorrow and probably be saddled with a huge bill that FIl won't pay back, just like last time he did this to us. And be responsible for getting the poor dog euthanized. Way to go, FIL.

Why did you watch another dog of his if he has done this before?  I wouldn't watch another one of his animals for him ever again.  Sounds like he shouldn't even have any animals if that's how he is going to treat them.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

abstractmommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:34 PM

It's the same dog, FIL only has one dog. But trust me it's not MY choice to watch it. DH has some twisted sense of family obligation and that it's his responsibility to help out. I tried to explain to him that family doesn't equal on-demand boarding and that my family would never impose on me, but apparently his family is full of douchebags.

Quoting OkieGirlKatrina:

Quoting abstractmommy:

Why did you watch another dog of his if he has done this before?  I wouldn't watch another one of his animals for him ever again.  Sounds like he shouldn't even have any animals if that's how he is going to treat them.

CafeMom Tickers
LilyFrogTat
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:36 PM

That poor dog :-( What a horrible way to go :-(

OkieGirlKatrina
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM

That sux.  Make your husband take care of the dog on his own.  Its your time to sit back and relax since you are pregnant!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)