Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need a little help

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM
  • 14 Replies

DD is teething and hurting pretty bad tonight. I have given her the teething tablets but they dont seem to be helping much. Here is my problem though I have Mortin but its the children's type. I accidently grabbed the wrong one. DD is 9 months and 15lbs. Is it ok to use the children's motrin or not? I wont use it if I cant I just want to give her a little bit more relief. Please dont bash its just a question.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AutymsMommy
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

I really couldn't answer your question about the motrin... I know that our pedi doesn't recommend it under the age of 1, I believe. What is helping my son and his teething at the moment are those mesh feeders. They are about $4. We put frozen fruit it it and it helps so much! He loves it!

I am a Private School sending, Vaccinating, Non spanking, Nightmare Cuddling, Dessert Giving, Homework Helping, Bedtime Kissing, Book Reading, Academic pushing Mum. I believe in the benefit of organized after school activities. I believe in spoiling my children. I believe that I have seen the village and I do not want it raising my child - I will do that, Thank You. I believe that a woman's place is in the home taking care of her house, children and husband. I am submissive and proud, my husband is head of my home. I am a proud, traditional Roman Catholic, as is my husband... Yes we are teaching our daughter that The Church is the only Church.               Aimee

omgamomie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM

Call walgreens or your pedi

mamivon2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM

I dont know i prob would do it. just not a whole lot.  Try to get a washcloth wet and stick it in the freezer let her chew on it.

katy_kay
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:40 PM

can you reach the doctor on call and get a proper dosing for your daughter?   This would be my first call. 

Another soothing tip is to take a clean wet washcloth and put it in the freezer then let her chew on it.  They are easier to hold on to than teething rings. 

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:41 PM

We tried those, she hates them.

Quoting AutymsMommy:

I really couldn't answer your question about the motrin... I know that our pedi doesn't recommend it under the age of 1, I believe. What is helping my son and his teething at the moment are those mesh feeders. They are about $4. We put frozen fruit it it and it helps so much! He loves it!

schunmom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

IDK if its the same but if you either have it or end up going back to the store I would get some baby orajel... When my DD was teething we swore by it and made teething for her so much easier!

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

i tried the hospital help line and they werent sure, i cant get a hold of her pedi, and pharmacies are closed here.

Thanks we have tried the washcloths. She dont like the feeling of them or the mesh things. She tries to hide them lol

Quoting katy_kay:

can you reach the doctor on call and get a proper dosing for your daughter?   This would be my first call. 

Another soothing tip is to take a clean wet washcloth and put it in the freezer then let her chew on it.  They are easier to hold on to than teething rings. 

IanAndMillasMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:43 PM

I'm not sure about he motrin thing. We used the teething tablets.  Those seemed to work most of the time.  One thing I used to do is wet a wash cloth and put it in the freezer for a bit and then let them chew on that. They seemed to love it!  Hope your little one gets some relief soon!

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:44 PM

Yeah we have some, since we gave her the tablets we didnt want to give her oral gel too.

Quoting schunmom:

IDK if its the same but if you either have it or end up going back to the store I would get some baby orajel... When my DD was teething we swore by it and made teething for her so much easier!

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Thanks. We used those and they usually work but tonight they just seem not to with her.

Quoting IanAndMillasMom:

I'm not sure about he motrin thing. We used the teething tablets.  Those seemed to work most of the time.  One thing I used to do is wet a wash cloth and put it in the freezer for a bit and then let them chew on that. They seemed to love it!  Hope your little one gets some relief soon!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)