Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

RECALL ON MCLAREN STROLLERS!!! Babies fingers amputated, check yours!! **Update below pics**

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM
  • 23 Replies

WASHINGTON, D.C. - About a million Maclaren strollers sold by Target and Babies "R'' Us are being recalled after 12 reports of children having their fingertips amputated by a hinge mechanism.

The Consumer Product Safety Commission says the recall includes nine models of Chinese-made single and double umbrella Maclaren strollers, which have been sold around the country since 1999.

The fingertip amputations occurred when children placed their fingers in the hinge mechanism of the recalled strollers.

The company is offering free repair kits to fix the stroller problem. A full list of all recalled models are available at http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml10/10033.html You can also call the following numbers for more information: Firm's Recall Hotline: (877) 688-2326
CPSC Recall Hotline:
(800) 638-2772

***UPDATE***

Consumers can contact Maclaren at 877-688-2326 or visit www.maclaren.us/recall to receive a free repair kit.

Maclaren said the kit includes hinge covers designed to fit all Maclaren strollers.

The recall affects the following models, which range in price from $100 to $400: Volo, Triumph, Quest Sport, Quest Mod, Techno XT, TechnoXLR, Twin Triumph, Twin Techno, and Easy Traveller. To top of page

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:42 PM

it's good of you to post this. I hope if anyone here has this stroller they read your post. 

ifyouseekamy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:45 PM

Wow! Maybe you should redo your post title so more moms will read this...maybe mention the brand of it in the title! That's horrible. Thanks for posting :] 

*You know your the shit when people you have never even met, hate you.

mommywyatt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:46 PM

I didn't have one of these, but I have seen so many mom's with them, that I figured I better post it. I would hate for any other babies to get their fingers hurt...

ifyouseekamy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM

bump! 

LilyFrogTat
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Thank you for posting this!! I own a double, I'm about to check it, damn I had no idea!!

KimmyShaw
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:51 PM

bump!

luvmypoliceman2
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:57 PM

Quoting KimmyShaw:

bump!

_MommaB_
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:00 PM

bump

combingtattoobaby girl-Isaiah-Briana-and-Eliana-

CafeMom Tickers

mommywyatt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:20 PM

bump... 

LovemyMellie
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)