Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is this unreasonable? PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM
  • 2 Replies

Okay, so we moved from KY to SD about 2 months ago. When we lived in KY my inlaws would call MAYBE once a week to see if we were going to eat over after church. Sunday was the only day other than MAYBE a couple days a month  that they would see us. Not that we didn't offer but they seemed to busy...and heaven forbid them drive the 35 minutes come to our house.

Well since we have moved they (mainly my MIL) calls 5-8 times a day wanting to talk to Aiden and frankly it is getting old. Bc heaven forbid us be in the middle of something and NOT answer...she calls back immediately freaking out that we are keeping him from her and that he is going to forget her.

I just told my husband that we need to dedicate one day to phones calls where Aiden knows he is going to talk to everyone and that is it. When we lived in KY and my mom called..he didn't talk to her everytime...I think it is confusing for him bc they keep telling him to tell mommy and daddy to bring him to grammy and papa's house. He is three, he doesn't understand that we live 1200 miles away. It upsets him and my husband WON'T tell them to not say things like that.

So, am I being unreasonable to dedicate one day a week to phone calls? Not saying that if they call and we aren't in the middle of something they can't talk, just not every single day!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MelonballBounce
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:52 PM

Hell no that's not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is calling 5-8 times a day. Unbelievable!

We live across the country from family and we have one day out of the week reserved for calling family (either saturday or sunday). It's convenient for everyone.

tginn20
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 6:56 PM

Quoting MelonballBounce:

Hell no that's not unreasonable. What is unreasonable is calling 5-8 times a day. Unbelievable!

We live across the country from family and we have one day out of the week reserved for calling family (either saturday or sunday). It's convenient for everyone.

See that is what I thought but my husband can't tell them no. They don't call me...other than if DH doesn't answer his phone she calls mine looking for him. I would tell them but then that would be a whole can of worms w/ hubby.

UGH...it is very frustrating!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)