Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it rude? Kids Birthday Party Question

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question:

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 40

View Results

My DS is turning 3 in 2 weeks.  We are having his party at home.

We will have a bouncy house, a pinata, and face painting as well as cake, food, and presents.

There is tons of room for them to run around in the general area of the house and there will also be lots to do.

My question is : Is is rude to block off DS's and DD's shared room and not allow kids in there during the party? 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
dragonlilly3492
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:12 PM

I think that its a great idea. It sounds like their will be plenty for the kids to do that they wont need to be in there anyway.

alwaysyoung
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:13 PM

I don't think is rude at all.

single_and_preg
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:14 PM

of corse not , why would you think it would be rude?

Phoenix_sp

Thats what I was thinking...

There will be babies (crawling) at the party and DS does have some smaller toys that I would be worried about.

Quoting dragonlilly3492:

I think that its a great idea. It sounds like their will be plenty for the kids to do that they wont need to be in there anyway.

hfs1998

Not rude at all.  More like trying to manage the ensuing chaos. :)  Have fun!

EsmeVincent

when I had ds bday party I blocked off our bedroom, not his but all the kids were playing in the playroom...and I say all but there were like 4 kids where that could move...this year maybe a bit different BUT NO I would NOT think that it was rude, I mean you are providing ALOT of things for kids to do so NO I don't think its rude

I know ALL moms think their children are perfect and some may say mine is abnormal but I would rather my child be abnormal if YOU are what you call NORMAL

graciesmom6206

I block off all of our bedrooms during parties.  Its easier for us though because all of our bedrooms are upstairs and the communial areas are down.  I just put the babygate up at the bottom of the stairs and if they really didn't get that little hint I keep the gate at the top of the stairs locked too. 

GabriellaM

No, I'd do the same thing. I don't think it's rude at all.

Phoenix_sp
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:15 PM

Is it not strange to limit guests to only the bathroom and main living area?  I know its my house but I just feel like they are going to be curious as to what Im hiding LOL 

Quoting single_and_preg:

of corse not , why would you think it would be rude?

Susan262
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:21 PM

I don't think it is rude, but why would you think people are thinking your hiding something?  Are you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)