Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

First Thanksgiving at our house! Give me your suggestions

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM
  • 4 Replies

Hey ladies!  This is our first year in our new house, and we are going to have Thanksgiving celebrations here!  I am excited that we will have both DH's parents as well as my parents over.  What are some of the dishes that your family always has on Thanksgiving?  My parents typically did: turkey, mashed pot. and gravy, scalloped corn, green bean casserole, rolls, cranberry sauce, and a relish tray...then pumpkin pie of course!  I think I need to start my own signature dish this year!  Let's hear your Thanksgiving favs!

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM

Baked sweet potato casserole with brown sugar and mini marshmallows or sometimes I do them with brown sugar and sliced apples 

Mel30248
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:09 PM

My mom makes an app of bacon wrapped water chestnuts sooooo good! she just cuts the bacon into little pieces & puts a toothpick through it to keep it all together mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

texassahm
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:22 PM

The November issue of Martha Steward Living has some really yummy looking recipes in it for Thanksgiving dinner.  I plan on using a few myself.  They might be available for printing online.

JRLKBGMomma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Quoting Mel30248:

My mom makes an app of bacon wrapped water chestnuts sooooo good! she just cuts the bacon into little pieces & puts a toothpick through it to keep it all together mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

MMM....my Mom makes this too! 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)