Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For working moms who leave their child with a caregiver...

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:37 PM
  • 1 Replies

Previously, b/c of my son's medical issues, we had an arrangement with our command where one of us could be home everyday to take care of him.  The command recently became impatient w/this situation, and we asked the wife of a fellow soldier if she would watch Azriel for us during the day.  Their son had gastroschisis as well, and used the same feed pump as Azriel, so that made us feel better.  We got to know them (away from work) a little and decided we were comfortable.  After all, we work 5 min. away from their house. 

It has been going kind of rocky...for one thing I'm not really happy with how clean their home is.  There is def. a smell when you walk in, like maybe somebody needs to take out the trash or wash the dishes, but she has a toddler as well so I can kind of understand that w/dirty diapers and such.  So aside from that and maybe needing to vaccuum, there's nothing that appear unhealthy about their home.  One day when we got him home, DH told me that he thought he had a poopy diaper b/c he smelled it.  I checked him, and he didn't, but there was dried pieces of poop on his back and in his diaper where he had not been whiped very well.  We let it go.  Today when we picked him up, she told us that he had vommitted a few times, which he does as part of his medical condition, but he smelled like maybe he was not whiped down at all.  There was a smell again, but I just figured it was the house b/c she said her son had had diahrrea all day, so I just chalked it up to dirty diapers.  DH asked me if I wanted to change him before we left, and I asked him if he was poopy.  He said he wasn't, and she said she had changed him 2 hours before.  We live about 15 minutes away, so I said it would be fine to wait until we got home.  DH put him in his truck since we left her my car seat to take him places during the day, and he was texting me all the way saying that Azriel stank.  When we got him home, I poured a bath and started undressing him, and it turned out he had a poopy diaper. 

He does not have a rash or anything, so I don't think she's letting him sit in poopy diapers all day, but DH was pretty irate.  He said he wanted me to talk to her mother to mother and tell her that we were not satisfied, but honestly, what do I say??  I don't want to offend her, she is a sweet person and she seems to enjoy having my son there.  What would you do and what do you think?

-Ashley, Soldier/Army Wife/Mother to one Amazing little boy, Azriel (Survivor of Gastroschisis, SBS, and a triple organ transplant)

toddler boy

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
mommythree0508
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I would just talk to her. Let her know whats going on and basically just tell her that you know its a lot of work. Does she feel like she can handle it?Just be nice about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)