Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help! Really quick, someone help me with this?!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM
  • 7 Replies

Everyone is going to be home in a couple minutes and I just realized I have no beef bouillon for the gravy. We're having meatloaf and mashed potatoes. Have to have the gravy! Do you think anyone would notice if I made chicken gravy and added a splash of Worcestershire to make it brown? 

BUMP!!!! Quick!!! I gotta make it before they get here, if they see it, they won't eat it. Thanks ladies!

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM

Go for it! They might not notice....

karma.jpg Karma image by Wozny_01

jessicer421
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:43 PM

bump!

MissiHampt
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM

LOL....I'd do it.  Unless you have the stuff to make gravy out of the meatloaf drippings?

Missi....loving wife to Jason, mommy to Ricky (1-12-05), and soon to be mommy to Logan Douglas (due Feb 2010).  I'm a cloth diapering, baby wearing, breastfeeding till baby wants to quit, homeschooling, non-circumcising, anti-cry it out, part time working, animal loving, trashy romance novel reading, farm raised hillbilly.  I have had Meningitis and Swine Flu and lived to tell about it.  Any questions?

PetNurse05
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM

Are there drippings left from making the meatloaf??  (juice in the pan)  Use that - and a little flour to thicken it - voila....gravy!!

ballerinamom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:45 PM

If you insist on brown gravy it sounds like that may be you only option... But I always top mine with a mixture of katchup and tomato paste and bake it onto the meat loaf... It's really good.. try it.

kat_4
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM

Quoting ballerinamom:

If you insist on brown gravy it sounds like that may be you only option... But I always top mine with a mixture of katchup and tomato paste and bake it onto the meat loaf... It's really good.. try it.

I use BBQ sauce on top. =)

jessicer421
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM

Hmm...I didn't know you could get good drippings from meatloaf! I though ground meat just made grease. I'm gonna check and see what's in there....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)