Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what are you going to cook?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM
  • 11 Replies

For Thanksgiving my family is somewhat big so we will split the cooking and here is my last list

chicken & dumplings

6 pumpkin pies

deviled eggs (dressed)

white beans in crockpot (which I have never done)

potato salad

I am trying to figure out when I can cook all this plus go to work but I am a mom we tend to figure all this out we may by the end of it be bitchy but we get it done lol

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

I always make deviled eggs. This year I am gonna try to make pumpkin pie cheesecake bars. Hubby will make his famous jalepeno poppers wrapped in bacon. 

momma2-3boys
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:48 PM

You can do most of your list before hand.

Make the pumpkin pies in advance and either freeze them or keep them in the fridge!

Deviled eggs can be done 1-2 days in advance or you can even cook the eggs and have them ready and waiting for you!

Potato salad tasted the best if made 1 day ahead and let sit to get the best flavor!

Chicken and dumplings - you can make the soup and just freeze it and do the dumplings Thanksgiving Day

and the crock pot meal is easy!  Just do it the morning of Thanksgiving!

Hope that helps!

Cavalrybaby02
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:49 PM

I'm not.  Not this year.

We are leaving the Friday before Thanksgiving to go to my moms.   We're having Thanksgiving with her side of the family on Sunday.  I'm not making a thing.  :)

Then we are leaving to head to Ft Knox on Wednesday.  Thanksgiving will probably be spent in a Dining Facility on Ft Knox, but at least we will be together.

Caffeineplease
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:50 PM

Tukey, home made stuffing, home made bread, cherry pie, apple pie, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, some kind of veggie..cranberry sauce..who knows what else.. lol probably some chips and dip and some wine

Caffeineplease
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:51 PM

Quoting lilmacmama20:

I always make deviled eggs. This year I am gonna try to make pumpkin pie cheesecake bars. Hubby will make his famous jalepeno poppers wrapped in bacon. 

mmm yum! those cheese cake bars have me drooling! and cudos to your husband! gotta love a man that knows how to cook.

Kimberley79
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:54 PM

I have never done white beans in a crockpot do you have recipes?

Quoting momma2-3boys:

You can do most of your list before hand.

Make the pumpkin pies in advance and either freeze them or keep them in the fridge!

Deviled eggs can be done 1-2 days in advance or you can even cook the eggs and have them ready and waiting for you!

Potato salad tasted the best if made 1 day ahead and let sit to get the best flavor!

Chicken and dumplings - you can make the soup and just freeze it and do the dumplings Thanksgiving Day

and the crock pot meal is easy!  Just do it the morning of Thanksgiving!

Hope that helps!

brinnyann4
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Quoting lilmacmama20:

that is my famous dish too! soooo delish.

lilmacmama20
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:57 PM

So yummy he does them on the grill

Quoting brinnyann4:

Quoting lilmacmama20:

that is my famous dish too! soooo delish.

iluvmypreemies
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

Well we will be away from home this year so it will be my first year making everything for us.

Small Turkey

Small Ham

Arroz con Gandules

Mashed Potato

Corn

Gravy

Stuffing

Salad

Bread

French Silk Pie....lol it is hubby's fav

and Pumpkin Pie!

There is just 4 of us and the kids are only 6 and 3 but there are a bunch of single guys in DH's units who will be stopping by.

purple ribbon
Lupus Awarness                         

Crystallynn
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:08 PM

I am making turkey, deviled eggs,, hashbrown casserole, candied sweet potatos, corn, pecan pie (ick), pumpkin pie, apple pie, dinner rolls, stuffing, and cranberry sauce.

I think that is it... but who knows!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)