Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What's a good way of telling a so call friend I don't have enough room in my house for her and her kids to stay..............

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM
  • 21 Replies

With me.  See she was suppose to move here (which is 17hours from where she lived) with this guy she meet.   So she gets all 3of her kids out of school and moves here.  Things she say didn't work out with the guy that was gonna help her.   Friday she asked to stay the weekend with me I told her  I don't have any room.  She's the type of person who ask to stay with you a day or two and end up staying for months. So now she is staying with this girl in a 3br apartment with the girl 4 daughters plus her 3 kids. She gets food stamps and won't buy food at all in the girls house, she says she's not because the girl has her own food stamps but the girl is feeding her and her kids. she's so wrong for not helping them out with food when she knows she can.   She calls and ask to stay with me and my kids because she has no where to go.   I told her I will get back with her tonight.  But truly I have NO ROOM for her and her kids I told her the other day.   I feel so sad for the kids because she's so unfit.  She yells and say bad words and names to her kids.  She was so mad today and said she might give her kids up.  She called her mom and family where she lived at and NO ONE will answer their phones.  I think something happened bad where she lived and she just won't tell me.  What do y'all think I should do?   

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jh-flgirl
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:53 PM

I would say," I thought we talked about this the other day. I just really do not have the room, but if there is anything else I can do 2 help just ask". Maybe u can try 2 call her family 4 her because they might just not b answering the call when they see her phone #. If she is having problems with her family and then also with this guy she was suppost 2 move in with then she will probably have problems with u if her and her kids lived there with u. GOODLUCK!   

4armycuties
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM

Do you know her family at all? Maybe you can call them and ask for advice. If you do end up letting her stay, tell her she needs to hand over the food stamps. Good luck!

MommyAnnaBanana
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:58 PM

You have 5 kids of your own.  Look out for you and your family, let this woman take care of hers.  Tell her no!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket  Photobucket

simplee_me
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Very simply.

I'm sorry things didn't work out the way you originally planned. I  really am.. However, I do not have room in my home for you and yours to stay.. I hope things work out and you find a place to stay. But that place can not and will not be with me.

Tia_B
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Oh No! This is a big NO NO! Anyone I have had roommate with me once they moved out I did NOT consider them a friend any longer. 

Is there any reason she "Cant" stay with you. Like its against your lease agreement? Or her kids have allergies and you are getting a dog. ;)

Otherwise just say "look, its crowded in here already, we just dont have the room." 

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I don't know I don't think I could turn away a mom with three displaced children.  If I was in that situation I would want someone to help me!  Good luck in your decision, it's a tough one!

shawndrea
by Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

I hate when people ask to stay with me for a week or so because they end up staying for a year! I cant do it anymore, i AM STICKING TO NO!!!!!!

Tia_B
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

And I just noticed you have five kids as well! Girl I will let you in on a little secret, even the pastor of my church says "keep it in your family" and he means you give to your household too. You dont take from the mouths of your children and husband and yourself for someone foolish that does not have anyones best interest at heart but her own desires.

FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM

Quoting ajzuell:

With me.  See she was suppose to move here (which is 17hours from where she lived) with this guy she meet.   So she gets all 3of her kids out of school and moves here.  Things she say didn't work out with the guy that was gonna help her.   Friday she asked to stay the weekend with me I told her  I don't have any room.  She's the type of person who ask to stay with you a day or two and end up staying for months. So now she is staying with this girl in a 3br apartment with the girl 4 daughters plus her 3 kids. She gets food stamps and won't buy food at all in the girls house, she says she's not because the girl has her own food stamps but the girl is feeding her and her kids. she's so wrong for not helping them out with food when she knows she can.   She calls and ask to stay with me and my kids because she has no where to go.   I told her I will get back with her tonight.  But truly I have NO ROOM for her and her kids I told her the other day.   I feel so sad for the kids because she's so unfit.  She yells and say bad words and names to her kids.  She was so mad today and said she might give her kids up.  She called her mom and family where she lived at and NO ONE will answer their phones.  I think something happened bad where she lived and she just won't tell me.  What do y'all think I should do?   

Tell her you sympathize with her situation but there is no way you have room or can take on the additional responsibilty.

And just stick to that.

GrapesMommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:04 PM

As long as her kids are good, i would tell her that her kids can stay but she can't and if she wants them there she has to pay for food for them. im the kind of person who can't see kids hurt or stuggle or starve. But i would careless about someone as rude and dumb as you made her sound. And i would tell her that.  Maybe if she was a little smarter, or a better person, she wouldnt have to beg ppl to let her stay with them, they would offer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)