Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IF you have had an abortion (this is NOT a bash post) *EDIT IN PURPLE*

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM
  • 64 Replies

Poll

Question: After your abortion...

Options:

felt terrible and did not regret it

felt terrible and DID regret it

did not regret it and felt fine

did not regret it but did not feel fine

felt fine and liked my choice

i felt fine and did not regret it at the time but in some ways i regretted it years later, but i still think it was right at the time

other. i tried to be thorough please forgive me if i overlooked another option. let me know and ill add it.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 114

View Results

please understand, im not bashing, im not trying to be mean. im not trying to hurt anyones feelings. someone asked about the statistics of post abortion situations and i got curious as well. i know its a very private and sensitive issue, but if you are willing, please vote on your experiance, share if you like, but i dont want to ask that of any of you as i know its hard.

This is big and red because i dont want it overlooked. DO NOT START BASHING EACHOTHER. if you want a post on prolife vs prochoice. make your own post. i will delete this and start it over as many times as i need to.

Thank you all you ladys who shared your story with me. and thank you all so much for not fighting and arguing among yourselves. i feel very priviliaged to have heared your private storys. im gonna go eat dinner. if i come back and find fighting. it all goes LOL. love you all!

Love jennie

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mackenzie40
by Platinum Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM

bump 

jenniepepsi
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM

sorry i changed the options and hoped i made it a little better

jenniepepsi
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM

thanks hon

Quoting Mackenzie40:

bump 

jenniepepsi
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:11 PM

added another option

GrungeMum
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM

There really is no use in regretting.

It was very easy. A decision i am glad i made.

Of course like any woman who has had an abortion, i do wish i had never gotten in that situation. And when i situation, i of course mean preggo. But i had a choice. And i made it. Thats it.

I'm a pro choice, pro goth, Athiestmetal head, grunge lover from the UK who loves her partner and her little boy almost as much as Nirvana

Lesli310
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:16 PM

I had an abortion and I was cool with it cause I didn't want kids anyway...Then I had my son and I love him to death but I really wanted a girl and I can't help but think if I could have aborted my little girl. Makes me sad but what can I do about it now. Plus I feel that if I had of had her then I would not have been a good mother at all. I was too young and selfish.

CafeMom Tickers
rayzensun
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:17 PM

bump 

headeraspergerwomanmetteksten-1.gif picture by rayzensun
jenniepepsi

thank you for sharing hon

Quoting GrungeMum:

There really is no use in regretting.

It was very easy. A decision i am glad i made.

Of course like any woman who has had an abortion, i do wish i had never gotten in that situation. And when i situation, i of course mean preggo. But i had a choice. And i made it. Thats it.

simplee_me

I had an abortion over 20 years ago.

Absolutely NO regrets, no second thoughts, no anything.. I made the absolute best decision for me and my life..  Felt that way then, feel the same way today.

This idea that all women are traumatized, forced, are full of regret, and so many of the other things I read around here are bullshit.. Not all women feel those things. Many are  those that made their own choice, for their own reasons, and were secure in that choice to begin with.. Are there those who do regret, feel bad or whatever. Yeah there are, but for people to say that "all" women experience those things is untrue.

jenniepepsi

*hugs* im sorry you have bad thoughts about possibly aborting a baby girl. im glad to see in your siggy that you are pregnant with a girl :) congratulations

Quoting Lesli310:

I had an abortion and I was cool with it cause I didn't want kids anyway...Then I had my son and I love him to death but I really wanted a girl and I can't help but think if I could have aborted my little girl. Makes me sad but what can I do about it now. Plus I feel that if I had of had her then I would not have been a good mother at all. I was too young and selfish.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)