Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm so freaked out!!

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM
  • 4 Replies

My son is 6 months old and lately I've been noticing this seizure like shaking/tremors... not really sure what it is exactly. It always happens when he is asleep (usually I'm holding him from rocking him to sleep). It has happened about five times. When it first started happening, it was mostly just his right arm, but last night it was his whole body and it lasted about 15 seconds. Every time it happens he is asleep so I don't know what his eyes look like and also he does not stiffen (which I thought happened with seizures, but not sure). It is scaring the crap out of me. I obviously made him a doc appt. but it's not until Friday. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on??? Anyone experience this with their babies?

karma.jpg Karma image by Wozny_01

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
All4you
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:07 PM

There are many different types of seizures. Some seizures they simply appear to stare off into space. If you think there is something wrong get it checked out immediatly. My son twitches and shakes in his sleep sometimes if he is dreaming but never enough to make me worry.

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:14 PM

bump

briansmommy7143
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Seriously, NO mothers on here have experience with seizures or anything similar??? A little reassurance that he's ok or a confirmation that it might be what I think it is would be nice... I'm just freaked out and don't know what to expect.... guess I'll have to wait until Friday :-(

Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:57 PM

OMG  i have freaked me out took son to 3 diff doctors came out to simply be a stage how dr explained it. DS was around 8months first time happened to me. hes 14months now and see nothing

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)