Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

When did you start to let your LO use a pillow in bed?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am just full of questions tonight LOL

I am just asking out of curiosity. DD loves it when we cuddle and she gets to use the pillows. She has also learned how to climb up on the couch and she will rub all over the pillows there and lay on them. She is only 9 months and I am thinking that is too young. I dont let her sleep with them yet , but would like to know the right time to do it. Also when did you start covering them with a blanket heavier than a receiving blanket.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
All4you
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:41 PM

When they wanted one. My son didn't use one until he was 3 but my 2 year old insists on having one.

Sign by Danasoft - SURPRISE! I found you!
butterflyblu
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:42 PM

I didn't give my son a blanket until 18 months when he went to a toddler bed.  He got a pillow around 21 months when I got his toddler bedding set.  He doesn't really sleep on it though.  He sleeps on top of his comforter kind of in the middle and cuddles with a special fleece blanket and he has to have certain stuffed animals at the foot of his bed.  He won't keep anything on top of him. 

ryliejaneismom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:45 PM

Rylie is 14 months old and she likes to cuddle on my pillows too, but she sleeps ALL OVER her crib so a pillow would be pretty pointless...lol. She also kicks off her blankets IMMEDIATELY after I put her in the crib so they are pointless too.

CafeMom Tickers
bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:47 PM

Ok I am scared to let her use one.

BTW: DF loves you sig.

Quoting All4you:

When they wanted one. My son didn't use one until he was 3 but my 2 year old insists on having one.

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:48 PM

Thats DD, but I wonder because winter is coming and even with the heat set at 72 it gets kind of chilly and she has the warmest room in the house.

Quoting ryliejaneismom:

Rylie is 14 months old and she likes to cuddle on my pillows too, but she sleeps ALL OVER her crib so a pillow would be pretty pointless...lol. She also kicks off her blankets IMMEDIATELY after I put her in the crib so they are pointless too.

hautemama83
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:49 PM

I think my ds was about 10 1/2  maybe 11 months old, when I started letting him use one. Now he is 14 almost 15 months old and wont sleep without one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mel30248
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Well my dd co slept with me for quit some time but she didnt start useing the pillows until just over a year old. Now at 22 months old she hates to be covered in a blanket or well she has always hated that & her comfort items are her blankie & this yellow pillow that she stole from me lol she cant sleep without it!

3galsmomma
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

DD is 15 months, still no pillow but she LOVES her blankie. I put that on her about 11 months or so.

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:51 PM

Thanks. DF brought up that maybe it will help her sleep better and through the night.

Quoting hautemama83:

I think my ds was about 10 1/2  maybe 11 months old, when I started letting him use one. Now he is 14 almost 15 months old and wont sleep without one.

bnj03
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:53 PM

I think I am going to give up on the cover idea because she hates it when i use a blanket when we are cuddling.

Quoting Mel30248:

Well my dd co slept with me for quit some time but she didnt start useing the pillows until just over a year old. Now at 22 months old she hates to be covered in a blanket or well she has always hated that & her comfort items are her blankie & this yellow pillow that she stole from me lol she cant sleep without it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)