Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much to sell it for

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

Ok so we have decided this car is no longer worth fixing. I have fixed the motor spent almost $400 on that, then a new radiator that cost us $200, got a new gas tank cause somehow it got a hole that cost $100, new fuel filter and fuel pump cost a little over $200 then a week ago we got something else fixed on it something to do with the gas lines. Well now smoke is coming out of the place you put the motor oil. i dont want to fix it anymore. my husband only uses it for work nothing else so its not washe or anything. How much do you think i should sell it for my brother told me $900, my sister told me $600 i seriously wouldnt even pay that much for it lol. i figued i could put it on craigslist but i dont know how much to put it for. anyone have any ideas lol

I swear this is a girls site and i totally sound like a guy talking about my car hahahaha.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
FooLynRoo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:18 PM

so it has some failed gaskets inthe oil line..

what is the make model and year of the car?

mommyto3girlies
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM

Oh yeah its a 1995 Geo Prism

Quoting FooLynRoo:

so it has some failed gaskets inthe oil line..

what is the make model and year of the car?

mommyto3girlies
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:24 PM

bump

SheilaJean
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:30 PM

Have you had the oil changed lately, or even checked it? Having the motor repaired won't help much if you don't keep oil in it.  With it smoking out the valve cover sounds like you ran it dry on oil, so in all honestly the whole head may be ruined which will make the car virtually worthless without and new head or maybe even entire motor. I'd ask about $500 then add or best offer!

mommyto3girlies
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:47 PM

I had an oil change on august 20th or something like that. We are constanly checking the water and oil in the car and my van.

Quoting SheilaJean:

Have you had the oil changed lately, or even checked it? Having the motor repaired won't help much if you don't keep oil in it.  With it smoking out the valve cover sounds like you ran it dry on oil, so in all honestly the whole head may be ruined which will make the car virtually worthless without and new head or maybe even entire motor. I'd ask about $500 then add or best offer!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)