Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm at my wits end with my oldest

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM
  • 2 Replies

How do you deal with an over emotional child??? Someone please???? I say one thing to this boy and he cries!!!! When someone tells him to fix something that he did, try again, or whatever he bursts into hysterical tears. It's like he doesn't think he's good enough at anything. I hate it and I've been trying to help him and boost up his self esteem... but nothing seems to be helping.... I'm at my wits end...

A little background on him.... he's 9 yrs old... he is ADHD and hearing impaired. He's extremely intelligent but second guesses himself every single time for everything. He refuses to think on his own but gets upset and cries when you try to help him because he thinks he's stupid.

His father only comes around when his wife and him have the money to drive an hour to meet me and that has only been about 2-3 times since June 2009. I got out of a relationship with my youngest son's father about 2 years ago and he's had the "man of the house" syndrome and thinks he has to protect me.

I'm a single mother of 2 boys (4 and 9) I work part-time and go to college full-time. I'm doing this all on my own with little to no help from both of their father's. Neither of them help with emotional problems with either of the boys.

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
shebearncub
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM

Have you checked into Big Brothers? That program might be the help you BOTH need. My dd is 9 and ADD and I am also a single mom. This program (well the big sister part) has really helped us a LOT. Just finding someone else they can connect to can make all the difference. Good luck Momma!

sylien
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM

1ST OFF TAKE A DEEP BREATH AN 2ED I HAVE A 9 YEAROLD DD WHO DOES THE SAME THING SHE NOT ADD BUT SHE IS HYPER SINSITVE OVER EVERTHING FROM WHAT SHE EATS TO THE SHIRT SHE WEARS SO I UNDERSTAND U TOTALLY

JUST REMEBER UR NOT ALONE ! OK THAT BEING SAID IM A SINGLE MOM WITH 4 GIRLS SO TIME IS SHORT ! I LEARNED TO ALWAYS START A SENTANCE WITH HER WITH PRAISE FOR EXAPLE :::::TARA  UR MATH IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN IT WAS LAST YEAR WOW IM SO IMRPESSED (NOW I SAY WHAT NEEDS TO BE SAID) I BET U CAN DO THAT ON THIS SCIENCE PAPER ?! SOMETIMES IT WORKS SOME TIMES IT DOESNT GOOD LUCK AN IF U EVER NEED SUM1 TO VENT WITH FEEL FREE TO HIT ME UP ANYTIME

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)