Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What are the cons of getting your tubes tied?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM
  • 15 Replies

OK thinking about getting my tubes tied after I give birth to my second child.  I will be undergoing a c-section (They don't do VBACS at this hospital and my 1st was an emergency c-section) and was thinking since they were there they might as well.  But does anyone know of any cons?  I don't want to up my risk of cancers or such. 

I, of course, will be talking to my doctor this Wednesday during my prenatal visit, but just wanted to know if any moms experienced a con after their tubes getting tied. 

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MARIE20
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:02 PM

I personally have really bad cycles now more than ever, I have really bad hot flashes, my cramps feel like labor pains, I am having mines reversed to feel normal again.

Sunshine201
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM

My cycles are much heavier than before...but they are much shorter...3 days its gone.No other cons for me...

Christy644
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I never got cramps before, but I do now. And I turn into a wretched bitch once a month. But the periods are 3 days tops and really light. So not too many cons.

LuAnne156
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM

I have mood swings with mine never did b4 and the cramps almost feel like labor.

BonitaM
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:34 PM

My cycles have been much much heavier too.  I also experienced drastic mood swings and it made my depression worse.  I'm glad that I don't have to worry about pregnancy anymore but if I had known about this before hand my hubby would have had a vasectomy instead.

JvilleMom125
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:35 PM

I dont know if this is a side affect of my tubes being tied (i got 2 sets of clamps, make sure you know what your doc is going to us to tie your tubes) but i had bad hot flases at night for like 2 months after i had my son, my tubes were tied at the same time... But now everything is fine...

3boyz1princess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:46 PM

My period got so heavy I could not leave house for 3 days I would change super plus tampon every 1/2 hr.  I ended up have to have ablation done..it worked so make my period less heavy.

in loveboy n girltwin boys

HUBBY & ME       CHANDLER,MADSION,CARSON & COLTON

snoopy21276
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

I had a tubal after dd and honestly my cycle is about the same as i remember before. BUT.. i had 2 close pregnancies with  no cycle in between. .so there was a good "dry spell" of cycles.. i got pg 6 months into nursing ds.. kids are 15 months apart.. One thing that is nice.. better sex once you get back up to a sex drive after baby.. at least for this home! Good luck with your choice! 

Luveasy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

wow I have mine tied for 6 mnths now, and I have some of the problems up here, but i had no idea that they were from my tubes bein tied. Is tender abdomen a sympton from it??

Being in love is what happens in the early part of a relationship. It's where the butterflies fly and the rose colored glasses don't come off.

Loving someone is all the years after being in love goes away. It's the comfort zone. Sometimes the lonely zone, the aggrivated zone and the down right pissed off zone. It's the part of life when you can count on him, when trust is easy, when he is the one you run too. It's the part that seals the deal for life.  

Mom to 3 girls, lovin wife to a great man. SAHM 24/7

nazratred
by on Nov. 11, 2009 at 1:25 PM

Thank you ladies...I am rethinking this seriously..LOL. Maybe my husband needs to get the snip snip..he offered, but I thought since I was on the table I might as well, but now I am rethinking it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)