Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Advice Please!!! Update

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM
  • 6 Replies

My son is 2 and he has been sick since last Thursday with fever and cough. Well yesterday he seemed to be just fine no fever or anything then today it started getting higher and higher and at one point it was 104.8. So I took him to the urgent care and they took his temp and said it was only 101.1 big difference. They said he still had a cold and now had an ear infection even though I don't remember them looking in his ears at all.  So we get home and I take his temp again and it was 104.5 rectually so I thought maybe it was my therometer so I went and found another one and used it and it said the same thing. He has tylenol and it's just not helping. Do you think I should take him into the emeregency room? I called  his drs answering service and still waiting for a call back. Thanks for all your help!


Update: We went to the E.R. shortly after posting this and he just has the flu and they told me to keep pushing fluids and alternate between tylenol and motrin. I sure hope this helps! Thanks for all the advice ladies!


by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
wells75904
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:59 PM

With a fever that high yes, ER...NOW, my kids get seizures if their fever goes to high so I dont mess with fever

Need Help Saving Money? Check out 


Frugal and Thrifty Moms-This group is a place to come to get recipes, advice, to chat, have fun, let your hair down and talk about cooking, recipes, budgeting, menu planning, and all things related to making our households run more smoothly.
http://www.cafemom.com/group/Frugal_And_Thrifty_Moms

BonitaM
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM

Yes I would take him to ER asap.  Hope he feels better soon.

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:03 PM

I would take to your peditrician and not wait. High temp is not a guess game and even if it dipped while at the facility it is a right now situation not then situation.

collegemom09
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:05 PM

ya i would go ahead and take him. hope he gets better.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers

Being a mommy is the greatest thing in the world.

lilmama22806
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:07 PM

Aww, poor little guy. I would take him asap just to be safe mama. I'm sure he is fine but you cannot risk it especially when it comes to children. Good luck, please let us know how it goes:)

Photobucket

Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:09 PM

take and get glass of ice water check thermo. if it reads right then check son again and if high butt met car seat and dr here we come.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)