Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any Vegetarians out there?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM
  • 19 Replies

I am new to the whole vegetarian lifestyle and was wondering if there were any moms out there that had any tips or recipes that you could share with me.

Also, do you take supplements or vitamins? I currently just take a regular multi-vitamin and an additional b-12 supplement, but that is for migraines.

Thanks for your help!

CafeMom Tickers
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:17 PM

Bump... Anyone?! I guess everyone loves a good steak!

CafeMom Tickers
AJmum
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:19 PM

Not me! lol I take acidiphulis and iron supplements if I feel like I need it, other than that nothing. My favorite recipie is eggplant parm, Eggplant, fried in oil, then bake it at 350 topped with veggie shreds (veggie cheese) and served over wheat pasta. Soooo good and so easy. I was raised by a vegatarian and have been most of my life so if you have any questions ask away!

TheSinFamily
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM

we do mostly vegetarian (have even went vegan for a while). ..vegweb.com and vegcooking.com have some GREAT stuff :))

abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM

Quoting AJmum:

Not me! lol I take acidiphulis and iron supplements if I feel like I need it, other than that nothing. My favorite recipie is eggplant parm, Eggplant, fried in oil, then bake it at 350 topped with veggie shreds (veggie cheese) and served over wheat pasta. Soooo good and so easy. I was raised by a vegatarian and have been most of my life so if you have any questions ask away!

Yum... That sounds so good! Unlike you, my family is against this and thinks that I am crazy!  So, you do not take a flax seed oil supplement? I heard from someone that they do and I really don't want to do that unless I have to. Also, do you drink Silk?

Thanks again!

CafeMom Tickers
abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:24 PM

Quoting TheSinFamily:

we do mostly vegetarian (have even went vegan for a while). ..vegweb.com and vegcooking.com have some GREAT stuff :))

Thanks! I've looked around and then just feel overwhelmed b/c I am horrible in the kitchen; I end up ruining whatever I cook. I will go look again and try to get inspired. : )

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I'm vegetarian, hubby isn't.  So we settle in the middle on the Quorn chicken.  It's not real meat and it's SOOO yummy!  It's the only chicken my 2 year old will eat too!  We use it like regular chicken in tons of recipes.

brandneweyes
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

Theres a Cafemom group called Vegan and Vegetarian Moms that I am a part of. It's open to join. You should check it out :)

AJmum
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:27 PM

Nope I don't take anything else, Thats not saying I shouldn't, But from what I have always been taught is as long as you are eating a variety of foods you shouldn't need anything else. I have drank silk, it's ok, but I am not a big fan of milk to begin with. My kids like the chocolate version but they still drink cows milk. We use silk in cereal and coffee.

Quoting abbysmommy429:

Quoting AJmum:

Yum... That sounds so good! Unlike you, my family is against this and thinks that I am crazy!  So, you do not take a flax seed oil supplement? I heard from someone that they do and I really don't want to do that unless I have to. Also, do you drink Silk?

Thanks again!

abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Quoting JasonsMom2007:

I'm vegetarian, hubby isn't.  So we settle in the middle on the Quorn chicken.  It's not real meat and it's SOOO yummy!  It's the only chicken my 2 year old will eat too!  We use it like regular chicken in tons of recipes.

Oh wow... thanks! I will check that out. My DH isn't either; he says he would "die" without bacon and burgers (so dramatic).  Can you get that at regular grocery stores?

Thanks again!

abbysmommy429
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM

Quoting brandneweyes:

Theres a Cafemom group called Vegan and Vegetarian Moms that I am a part of. It's open to join. You should check it out :)

I will do that; thank you for letting me know... I didn't even think about checking for that on here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)