Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it mean?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM
  • 14 Replies

I have two daughters... One is 3 and the other is 5months... as you know christmas is coming up... well I am out trying to find them dresses for thier christmas pictures... One of my friends says that it would be mean to get them matching dresses... my oldest is bi-racial and is a little darker and has really currly hair... while my youngest isnt and is pale and has blond hair (yes they have different fathers)

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:22 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Freakbabydoll
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM

i dont see y it would be mean /boggle

Bennett121
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:25 PM

Why would that be mean? They are sisters...... people dress siblings in matching outfits all the time. Does she expect you to treat them differently?

Cecilydw
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I dont see why it would be mean...they are sisters.  I think it would be cute!  Do what you want, being mean would be something like yelling or hurting your child NOT matching their clothes, that is dumb. 

kiwimango27
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM

I think its adorable when siblings have matching outfits for photos. :D

Juliekat23
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:28 PM

How would that be mean?  Each girl would stand out in her matching outfit because it looks different on her.  Unique-I think its good.  Because think about it-they are the same and yet unique.  My mom used to dress my sisters alike all the time.  And, even though they are full blooded-one has light colored hair, extremely curly, and very fair skin.  The other-dark, straight hair, and dark skin (she looked hispanic).  They are 15 months apart. 

CafeMom Tickers

sarah12087
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:29 PM

i wore matching outfits with my sister all the time and my cousin as well.. probably until i was about 13 my cousin was 11 and my sister was 7.. it wasn't mean.. sometimes depending on the outfit it was a little embarrassing but not mean.. its cute and i did it with my friends all the time as a teenager 

inspain
by Ruby Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM

Mean?  Really?  I don't even want to know how anyone reaches that conclusion. 

Put them in matching dresses, it'll be cute!

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions, is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble and that is what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting shit dead wrong. - Bill Maher
mamamissy316
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:30 PM

I don't see why that would be mean, or why their ethnicities have anything to do with whether or not you dress them alike.

slm047
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:31 PM

Quoting Bennett121:

Why would that be mean? They are sisters...... people dress siblings in matching outfits all the time. Does she expect you to treat them differently?

ff-princess
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:32 PM

I got my daughters matching jammies for our xmas photos.  I don't see anything wrong with it, even if they had different mothers, fathers, and second cousins.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)