Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what should i do???

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 7 Replies

Poll

Question: which would you do?

Options:

Keep her up until she eats

Give her something else

Put her to bed without dinner

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

My two-year-old is refusing to eat her dinner, and now I have to make a decision.  Let her stay up until she decides to eat (its 7:30 here), give in to her and give her something else to eat, or put her to bed hungry.  By the way, its chicken, Stovetop, and veggies.

Of the three options, which would you do?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:47 PM

hmm... i'd try and see if she'd eat it after some time (depends on when her bedtime is) and if she still refuses to eat, she gets to decide between that, or only a half of a pb&j sandwich (just so she's not super hungry through the night).

Ms.Upinyourface
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:50 PM

Children , I have noticed, are able to tell when they are hungry. If a child is not hungry then that is the answer.

Is there a reason she is not hungry? Is she coming down with something? Or is she just not hungry?

Can she drink some water? Sometimes a child is about to get sick and it is always good to be well hydrated when that happens.

I do not ever insist a child eats when they are preferring not to eat. Put her food aside in the frig and if she gets hungry later and wants to eat, then let her.

I would be worried but my child would sometimes seem to loose all appetite. Then after a week or so, a vigorous appetite again. Then, usually, a growth spurt as well.

erei28
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:51 PM

If she normally eats fine then maybe she is not feeling well. I voted to give her something else but don't give her just anything try to give her something healthy like fruit a veggie she likes and if that doesn't work then give her something healthy to drink. If she is just 2 and normally eats well then I wouldn't force it.  

Jewels9308

Well, if she is not eating, I would just put her to bed. I think that by making her something else to eat will give her the idea that she can do this every night. Has she eaten these things before?

Cecilias_mommy

have you tried offering her a treat for eating her dinner??? that works some nights if dd is playin food games if that doesnt work idk id say keep her up til she eats but seems kinda mean so idk its hard to say but dont let her do whatever she wants, try offering something as reward for eating all her food if that doesnt work then she might not be that hungry what all did she eat today????

having a baby

Army_Wife41

I would keep her up, and at the table until she decided to eat. But I would tell her she had until  ______ time to do so...or she would be going to bed without dinner.

baby

CafeMom Tickers

lovemymarine306
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:57 PM

Yes, she's had this before.  And she's always refusing to eat stuff, even when she's hungry, but what she will and will not eat changes everyday.  I usually keep her up until she eats some of her dinner, but I just want her to have a regular bedtime again!!

Quoting Jewels9308:

Well, if she is not eating, I would just put her to bed. I think that by making her something else to eat will give her the idea that she can do this every night. Has she eaten these things before?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)