Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick baby advice please PIOG

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM
  • 3 Replies

Ok so maybe he isnt a baby he is 5 but he is still my baby. On saterday around 8am my son woke up crying telling me he didnt feel well so i told him to stay in bed and take a easy which he did. Saterday afternoone he started to run a fever of 101 so i gave him motrin to help break the fever. I couldnt get him to eat anything but he would drink alittle. Saterday night just before midnight he woke up to get a drink and after he drank some water he started to cry alittle telling me his stomach didnt feel well so i told him to run to the bathroom when he got to the bathroom he started to vomit. I took his temperature at it was 100 so i gave him some motrin. He slept the reast of night. Sunday morning he seemed fine he was sitting on the couch with me and all of a sudden he started asking me what that poopie smell was and i couldnt smell anything and wither did my hubby. So Archer looked at me and said sence you don't smell anything and daddy doesnt smell anything i'm going to come sit by you. As soon as he say by me i could smell that poopie smell and i realized it was him so i told him we needed to get him into the shower because he had pooped his pants and he was upset he thought he did something wrong but i wasnt mad i understands it happenes when your sick. The rest of sunday he seemed fine exsept he had a cough and he acually ate alittle. I kept him home from school today just to give him an extra day to get better and when i went to give him a shower earlyer he took his underware off but said he didnt know why it was dirty so i looked at it and he pooped in his underware again. Other then that he has seemed fine all day today exsept for a cough. We even went out to target and walmart to don some baby shopping and he had alot of fun helping me get stuff. After he ate dinner he was just laying on the couch and all of a sudden he jumped up and said he needed to go poopie so he ran in to the bathroom and he came back crying i asked him what was wrong and he said he pooped his pants. I tried to make him feel better i gave him anouther shower but with him haveing the runs i am kinda worried. After he took a shower i got him dressed then he just laid on the couch watching tv with me. I got up to go to the bathroom and when i came back he was passed out on my couch. I covered him upand left him there untill my hubby gets home to move him to bed. Should i keep him home again tomorro? Should i take him to see the docter? Or should i just wait to see if it passes. I gave him some pepto bismol tablets to see if that helps but i hate to see my baby sick anyways any advice would be great thanks

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
CharityAbbysMom
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM

My kids are all sick right now with very similar symptoms. I ended up taking them to the doctors finally after 6 days becasue they were not getting any better. They have sinus infections, ear infections, and the flu. I would take him to the doctor just to make sure he is okay...hope that helps. I hope your baby feels better soon.

SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:06 PM

I would not send him to school because you really don't know how his bowels will be tomarrow, and it would be devestating for him to poop his pants in class. Also he should be fever free for 24 hours before he goes back. Poor baby!!! Hope he gets better soon! Good Luck mom.

jenking04
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:13 PM

Quoting SEEKEROFSHELLS:

I would not send him to school because you really don't know how his bowels will be tomarrow, and it would be devestating for him to poop his pants in class. Also he should be fever free for 24 hours before he goes back. Poor baby!!! Hope he gets better soon! Good Luck mom.

He hasnt had a fever sence 11:45pm saterday night. My mom said the same thing as did my hubby about him pooping his pants that if he did that at school it would be very embarressing for him and i cant do tht to him but i will go get his homework tomorro so he doesnt fall to far behind

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)