Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Funny Story Bout My 1st OB Appointment Today

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM
  • 14 Replies

So I had my first OB appointment today and my husband went with me. Hes never been to these appointments before and i warned him that they would do a pelvic exam. Well.... first let me say he installs DirecTv.  He didnt really want to stay in the room for that part which i was totally ok with and this is how he explained it to me.

It would be like standing outside my house watching another guy put up a Dish Network dish.

LOL I just had to share.

laughing

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sarah12087
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:52 PM

my SO stayed in the room with me.. & all i can say is at least your hubby had a sense of humor about it.. my boyfriend's eyes got bigger than a satellite dish and nearly rolled across the floor when he saw my OB (who is female) reach for the giant metal contraption that was to be inserted haha..

ajzuell
by Silver Member on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:58 PM

LOL!

slm047
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 10:59 PM

that is funny.

my dh went to every appointment and always watched them do whatever, it never really seemed to phase him.

avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:01 PM

My hubby made the comment (when we were alone) "I always wanted to see a women stick her fingers in you, but that was not how I envisioned it". lol it was halarious. My hubby is such a perv.

Cecilias_mommy
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM

i went to the hosp a few weeks ago cause i was having pain cramping so they did a pelvic and dh stayed in the room and then the doc also did the feeling of size of my uterus i stared at the ceiling the whole time i didnt wanna see the look on my dhs face lol i was cringing from the pressure and pain and dh sd he was glaring at the doc the whole time n the doc just looked at the wall lol (during the uterus size up lol)

also dh sd he wanted to keep the little (i forget what its called) the duck bill thingy cause he wanted to see up in my stuff lol (he wanted to sit down where the doc was but they made him move to up by my head)

having a baby

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:03 PM

Mine too :)

Quoting slm047:

that is funny.

my dh went to every appointment and always watched them do whatever, it never really seemed to phase him.

Trinity0820
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:04 PM

wow, i had dd and dh in the room when they have done mine... of course dd was NOT watching but contently playing in her stroller with toys facing the wall while daddy was holding my hand. 

CafeMom Tickers
CafeMom Tickers
erei28
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:05 PM

Quoting avi_nevaeh_mama:

My hubby made the comment (when we were alone) "I always wanted to see a women stick her fingers in you, but that was not how I envisioned it". lol it was halarious. My hubby is such a perv.

That is so how my hubby is!

pms1-1.gif picture by erei28

ceemuhreeashbee
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:12 PM

Quoting slm047:

that is funny.

a wedding website

I'm a breast/bottle feeding, co-sleeping the first year, kiss on the lips & tell her I love her every day kind of mom. I can let her CIO, but when she calls 'mommy' I'm on my feet and there in a heartbeat. I want my daughter to have many different experiences & to love everyone regardless of their's. I'm anti-abortion, for the right to bear arms, and completely against telling someone who they can and can't love.

TheFoo
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:14 PM

My SO stays in the room with me.

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)