Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do you do?

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM
  • 11 Replies

what do you do to make new friends? in highshool i had 2 really good friends that i hung out with just about everyday, a BF and 2 other good friends that i didnt really hang out with out side of school. i didnt make alot of friends because i wanted to be able to spend time with them with out leaving some one out. anyways thats how i still am i have kids and a husband, im a SAHM btw and we moved 3 hours away from my friends and i dont know any one here besides family and his friend's wives, it would be nice if i could make friends with them but i dont want to take away from their family time either.their not SAHM, so they only have weekends together... does this make any sence? sorry....

soo how do you make new friends when you dont know anyone and your new to an area?

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prettyingreen
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 11:57 PM

anyone? suggestion?

mistyann17
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:00 AM

i dunno either i dont know anyone where i live now and i pretty much just talk to family and a few co workers

Shy_Dia
by Gold Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:00 AM

i joined in a group at meetup.com... i only went to one event, on Sunday, and there was only 2 parents there (plus one of the mom's boyfriend)... but the next scheduled event is bowling this upcoming sunday, which i plan on doing. HOPEFULLY i'll be able to be friends with them.. but honestly, at this point, i dont even know what a friend is.. atleast a real one. i have one that i went to school with but we only email each other, never actually hang out.. and other than that, i'm on my own. :-(

prettyingreen
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM

aww well at least im not alone on this, thanks ladies :)

brfischer79
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I actually just started scrolling through profiles on facebook and myspace and if I saw someone that lived near me that I thought i would get along with, I just wrote them, lol

CjEmmemommy
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:10 AM

I was the same as you in high school... That close friend now lives in Fl but we talk everyday.. I also made a great friend on here! She lives in my town and we hit it off right away..

I have a few great friends from church but that is it (SAHM too). It kind of bothers me but I am happy with the few I can trust I guess.

Erica

a wedding website

corsetedwife
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:12 AM

I lost touch with all my friends when I had kids.  So I went to the library and got the kids involved in programs there.  I got a lot of friends thanks to play dates and such.  I have a great circle of friends now.  Plus now I have more thanks to Girl Scouts, dance classes, and bowling leaque.   

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:14 AM

All my friends with kids live far away or work all the time so I can never hang out with them. I joined a few moms groups thought and there I can hang out, and meet other moms. I am also in mops, I love that group they watch your kids while you listen to speakers, and make crafts and have fun its great!!!! WE made some cute gloves to wash dishes it, and poison control came out to tell us about poison, and we got to hear about PPD so its been pretty fun for the kids and its nice to hang out without the babies sometimes. I don't really have a whole lot of time for more friends, I neglect the ones I have already so its great to have these groups with mom friends that I can connect from time to time.

PreciousHead
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 12:15 AM

Maybe you should look on facebook for groups for sahm in your area. Look for moms on here in your area too that are sahm. Good luck.  

Precious Head
Work at Home (CLICK HERE)

Go Greene (CLICK HERE)

From now til Nov 23rd start your own BUSINESS or GO GREENE for just $1!!! dancing

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 10, 2009 at 3:44 AM

Couldnt tell you because I am really bad at meeting new people! I dont even know what to say to other Mothers or I would get there number but was ten afraid to call them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)