Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OOOOOOkkkay...is this weird? Or not?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM
  • 18 Replies

I found an old guy friend on FB, friend requested him and he okayed it. We used to work together when I was single, we never had any sort of romance, purely friends, he was like 10 years older than me, and he would let me vent about work all the time to him.

Okay so it looks like he has a new gf this past year and she must've saw me become his friend and now she's friend requested me. LOL

is this like a jealousy thing women do, trying to keep "watch" on women who become friends w/their man on facebook? I mean Idk how to take it. (p.s. like I said we never dated, I'm married).

To clarify: I've been friends w/him for a day, we haven't even talked yet...she friend requested me today. I'm just curious as to why someone would?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:04 AM

I dont think that is wierd at all. but I have requested many of dh friends that havent requested me.

Katenemsmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:05 AM

Its hard to say.  I've had people who are friends with my little brother that I don't know friend request me.  Could be a jealousy issue or maybe he told her about you and she thinks you could be friends.

bablondie

I've been his friend for like a day, we haven't even chatted yet at all. lol.

Quoting misssy2000:

I dont think that is wierd at all. but I have requested many of dh friends that havent requested me.

junebug624

Nope, Ive had guy friends do it to me (have their gfs/wives request me), and Ive actually become better friends with their SOs then I was with them!  I have also requested my gf's bfs as well... I honestly see nothing wrong with it...she could always just log onto his fb to find out about you... it seems like she knows he valued your friendship and is seeking you out, or perhaps she's merely trying to increase her friend count in general... lol  I wouldnt worry about it. 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:06 AM

I have my suspicions. I think she may live in a different country.

Quoting Katenemsmom:

Its hard to say.  I've had people who are friends with my little brother that I don't know friend request me.  Could be a jealousy issue or maybe he told her about you and she thinks you could be friends.

BonitaM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Probably or she needs to be friends with all of his friends.  I've done it once....but only because dh came home talking about her double D's.

bablondie

I haven't even talked to him yet, in over 10 years. All I did was friend request him. lol So she's quick.

Quoting junebug624:

Nope, Ive had guy friends do it to me (have their gfs/wives request me), and Ive actually become better friends with their SOs then I was with them!  I have also requested my gf's bfs as well... I honestly see nothing wrong with it...she could always just log onto his fb to find out about you... it seems like she knows he valued your friendship and is seeking you out, or perhaps she's merely trying to increase her friend count in general... lol  I wouldnt worry about it. 

Hayliesmom

are you new on fb?  Sometimes people will "reccomend" you friend someone, and he may have done that. 

bablondie

He what?

Quoting BonitaM:

Probably or she needs to be friends with all of his friends.  I've done it once....but only because dh came home talking about her double D's.

bablondie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:08 AM

No, it's a friend request.

Quoting Hayliesmom:

are you new on fb?  Sometimes people will "reccomend" you friend someone, and he may have done that. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)