Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WOW.. playing mamas.. I have a question for you

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 AM
  • 4 Replies

I keep getting these e-mails about my sons wow account... he has not been on in a while .... m question... this is a scam ? the e-mail says somthing about trying to sell account and to enter your confiditial info... name , screen name password etc.

I just delete them .... but is there somewhere I need to report this to.... as you can tell I am not a player...

Thanks

It says it is comeing from blizzard admin.....

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
junebug624
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:15 AM

I dont know, but from past experience this may be a phishing scam and you do NOT want to click on anything inside the email or your identity could go out the window.  I would go to the website for WOW and see if there is a security center you can contact... dont know much about WOW sorry. 

I'm a vaxing, circing, disposable diaper using, bf switched to ff, CIO sometimes, pushed 1hr before a c-section (and don't regret it), college graduate, loving my son, can't wait to have another baby, trust your own judgement, kind of mom.

katiebugg319
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:18 AM

it's about trying to sell the account? selling wow accounts is against TOA. big no no. i would NOT let them have the info i would go to the WOW site and contact them see if they can stop it or what the deal is.

Quoting 3proud:

I keep getting these e-mails about my sons wow account... he has not been on in a while .... m question... this is a scam ? the e-mail says somthing about trying to sell account and to enter your confiditial info... name , screen name password etc.

I just delete them .... but is there somewhere I need to report this to.... as you can tell I am not a player...

Thanks

It says it is comeing from blizzard admin.....

mommyto3in08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM

All WOW accounts are getting switched to Battlenet.com accounts. It may be that, Have your son log onto worldofwarcraft.com  and change his password just in case, Also have him go and create a battlenet account (Battlenet.com) and convert his wow account over.  

Also this is these are the Blizzard emails 

wowaccountadmin@blizzard.com

billing@blizzard.com

noreply@blizzard.com

If its not these.. Just delete them

3proud
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:20 AM

That is what I was thinking ... I am w/ ya  I know nothing about WOW

Quoting junebug624:

I dont know, but from past experience this may be a phishing scam and you do NOT want to click on anything inside the email or your identity could go out the window.  I would go to the website for WOW and see if there is a security center you can contact... dont know much about WOW sorry. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)