Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT FOOD ITEM OR RECIPE DO YOU MAKE FROM SCRATCH?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM
  • 6 Replies
How do you make it?I'd like to start making foods from scratch.
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
mommeehunnybee
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM

Well, Im not a great cook. I'm no gourmand either. However, for what it's worth, I can make a slammin shepherd's pie. Start by peeling maybe 6 to 8 potatoes, cut them up and boil them. You want to cook them really well because you will be making mashed potatoes... Cut and peel (or leave the skin, I do) plenty of carrots and cut em up. Boil these too. Ok, so while that's going, brown enough ground beef to fill the bottom of a baking dish about 2 inches thick... I use a regular size cake pan and 2 pounds does really well. mmkay, while your meat is cooking add whatever sort of seasonings you prefer on beef, I love to use garlic out of the jar, a little salt, paprika... and whatever else catches my eye. it turns out different every time! Ok, you put the beef in the pan, then cover the meat with peas, then when your carrots are cooked to your level of yummy tenderness, you'll pile those on top of the peas. Ok, so your potatoes are mushy. drain off most of the water and get either your electric beater or a potato masher and add milk, salt to taste, cheese if you want... butter. real butter, not margarine! well, if you really want margarine fiiine, go ahead... mmkay. you have these awesome real mashed potatoes and now you'll just glop that down on top and spread it over top of everything and once it looks just too yummy to not be eaten, you'll stick it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes. Perfect!

Im no Rachel Ray, that's for sure. HA! Enjoy!

bensmum25
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:38 AM

I make fettucini from scratch. My husband and I love it! I buy a small carton of half and half and a huge hunk of parmesan cheese, and some garlic and fettucini noodles. I put the noodles on to boil, then pour the whole carton of half and half into a small sauce pan. Keep it on medium, stirring occasionally till it gets warm. Shred the parmesan and add it to the half and half once it's warmed up, stirring constantly, adding handful by handful. The cheese should melt, and then I taste it. If it's not cheesy enough I add more. Once it's cheesy enough and thickened I add garlic till it tastes right. Don't let the sauce boil, otherwise it will get super thick and possible burn. Drain the noodles al dente' and serve. Yumm!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
apeclark2008
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Im gonna bump this coz Im going to bed But I wanna share my REALLY homemade Chicken noodle soup with Homemade Egg Noodles!!!

Toughenough2bme
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:05 AM

I make duck blood soup from scratch  

vixens323-angel-lola-luv-me.jpg picture by misswhatleysarcasm.jpg sarcasm image by lindseycravens

chelletell
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 AM

everything i make but gonna bump this and i will share some recipes tomorrow

Davids_Wife1307
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:08 AM

bump 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)