Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAS ANYONE HAD PALPATATIONS HERE OR THERE?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM
  • 6 Replies

If so what causes them?Can acid reflux or eating to much cause it or even having your period bring it on?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
ready_for2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:19 AM

i have them during anxiety attacks and i also had them during pregnancy and had to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours once when they got really bad.

MixedCooke
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:32 AM

I am sure i have had them, but not what an exact cause would be.

cuddlebunnymom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:46 AM

I've had them during anxiety attacks but i didn't know that's what was causing them scared me to death i thought something was wrong made a doc appointment and they told me what it was from and they gave me a pill to take every day for the rest of my life.  Needless to say i can control my anxiety of course to an extent now that i know that's what caused it and i didn't take the pills but like a week.  I wasn't taking a pill for that for the rest of my life and that was 6 years ago.  I still get them every once in awhile and i just take a deep breath and be still for a min and it usually goes away.  It's nothing to take a lightly though if it keeps happening i'd make a doc appointment it might be something worse.

Bits08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:49 AM

I have acid reflux and it never caused any heart palpitations.

I didnt have palpitations until I got pregnant.

babie113
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:56 AM

i do but i was born with a heart problem and when i was pregnant i had to have a heart monitor for a whole month to make sure it could cope with the extra stres and blood volume ...it sucked i also had a ultrasound on my heart ...turns out one of my valves doesn't shut all the way but it not going to kill me or anything causes a murmur and palpitations

workgoat
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:58 AM

Go to Dr.!!! I have had to wear that monitor and i know what it is like but lately i have had something that fells like a rubberband streching in the front of my chest, like a blood clot trying to pass! When i had anxiety it felt like an alien trying to bust out of my chest!!!! DON'T TELL THE DOCTOR THAT !!!!! Then later my throth muscles would draw up tight then muscle cramps all over my body all the time! Now my hands are numb and my right shoulder cramps up real quick! So i am going to the doctor when i can over this or die first! Does anybody know the symtoms of a heart attack in women or what a heart mermer feels like? What is the difference between a heart attck and anxiety attack?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)