Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HAS ANYONE EVER HAD BLOODPRESSURE AT 148/85

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:27 AM
  • 11 Replies

I'm kind of worrying and wondered how i could bring it down without meds

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
logansmama16
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:29 AM

That's not that high..Mine was WAY higher than that during pregnacy like 160/90 only if I missed my medicine tho. Thank god it went away. Lay down, drink some water, relax.

airforewifenmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:30 AM

Quoting logansmama16:

That's not that high..Mine was WAY higher than that during pregnacy like 160/90 only if I missed my medicine tho. Thank god it went away. Lay down, drink some water, relax.

I agree, thats not THAT bad! Are u preg? I had bp higher during my 1st pregnancy...........but change your diet? Like your salt intake and drink more water.

AnimalLover80
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:31 AM

yeah, your systolic is only 8 points higher than normal and  your diastolic is only 5 points above normal... so some rest and deep breathing to calm your nerves should be enough to bring it down :)

a wedding website

Just_Bethy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM

Whan I was pregnant the last time mine was 210/105 and the hosptial wouldn't give me anything for it...I had a migrane and they gave me headache meds and that bought the BP down... 

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

jothra
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Watch your salt intake and make sure you are drinking lots of water. Make sure to take it easy. I'm guessing they gave you the signs to watch for with pregnancy induced hypertension.

If your not pregnant, then diet, exercise, and lowering your stress level, quit smoking if you do.

jennrn79
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:47 AM

Thats just over high side of normal. Take a warm relaxing shower, half a glass if wine whatever you usually do to relax. Just keep an eye to make sure it doesn't go higher or stay high. Mention it to your doctor next time you go in to make sure there isn't an underlying problem that may need addressed in the future.

MamaLauraWilson
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:11 AM

Was this a one time thing, or do you have high readings frequently? Talk to your doctor if this is happening over several days. I have high blood pressure that would not go down with out meds. I tried salt reduction and drinking plenty of water, and it just wouldn't budge. I tried all of the diet recommendations, and no luck. But that doesn't mean that it won't work for you. Try non-medication options first, then if you must, as I did, try ACE Inhibitors first. My previous doc (I have changed), started me out on hydroclorothiazide, which made me Miserable. That didn't make a difference, even with increase in dosage, so she put me on a Beta-Blocker as well, which made things even worse. I had post-pardum depression, and the mix of meds for that and these two meds I became a vegetable and my blood pressure still didn't go down! Happy ending is that I am off of the meds that gave me problems and I am getting back to my old self.

Sorry this is long, but I wanted to share my experience in case it is helpful to anyone.

gigglefiend121
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:13 AM

I was 200/100 when they induced me. They told me to lay on my left side for awhile. I had a high reading the other day and am hoping to not get pre-eclampsia with this pregnancy also.

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM

Thats not really all that high. Mine was so high after I had dd they had to give something to stop me from siezers. THat stuff make me feel like i was dead.

jothra
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 AM

OK, just read your not pregnant on your profile, but people are posting on your wall that you are sick. Don't know if that's current, but are you taking cold medications? That can make your BP go up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)