Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your toddler was vax-free, would you change your mind if you're going to be traveling in Europe?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM
  • 11 Replies

Help would be nice, even a debate back and forth might help me see things outside of my own perspective. Ds is 15 months old and vax free, but Dh just told me we're getting posted in Germany for several years and he wants to use his saved up leave time for us to travel around Europe for a month or so. For Kaels 1yr appt I took him to the vaccine clinic and the dr asked for his records and I told him he has none, he asked my reasons, I told him, and he told me that if that was my position, then I shouldn't let my pedi badger us into shots and I agree (I went there to get their opinion as a second opinion).

Are there any non-vaxing moms in here who have been/lived in Europe?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celticreverie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:34 AM

i'm a non vaxing mom who took her 8 month old to Europe, and who was going to get stationed there and who will be traveling there again. (family in germany) and I still wouldn't vaccinate :) In fact we hope in the next 2 years we get Germany for a post.

gabriiellax0
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:35 AM

i've never been to europe and im a non vax mom .. but if i was going to europe i would be nervious not having any shots .. idk bump to this one

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM

I knew I could count on you for a smart reply :D Were there any areas you avoided?

Quoting celticreverie:

i'm a non vaxing mom who took her 8 month old to Europe, and who was going to get stationed there and who will be traveling there again. (family in germany) and I still wouldn't vaccinate :) In fact we hope in the next 2 years we get Germany for a post.

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:40 AM

Bump

celticreverie
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:49 AM

I wouldn't visit certain areas of eastern europe (run down areas)... most places are fine to go to.

http://www.forbes.com/2007/04/16/worlds-cleanest-cities-biz-logistics-cx_rm_0416cleanest.html

Quoting MommynMonster:

I knew I could count on you for a smart reply :D Were there any areas you avoided?

Quoting celticreverie:

maciymommieof3
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:55 AM

I would be frightened.........I do vax...and I am just saying.........

misssy2000
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:57 AM

but arnt vaccinations moslty because of fears anyways, so either way wouldnt you be frightened?

Quoting maciymommieof3:

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM

Aren't your kids grown? What vaccines did they get?

Quoting maciymommieof3:

MommynMonster
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM

Hey, did someone delete a reply??

butterflyblu
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:21 AM

We have never been stationed overseas.  My oldest is vax'd and I've decided not to vax my youngest and my oldest won't be getting anymore vaccines at this point.   I may change my mind when they are older but at this point, no more vaccines.  I'd have no problem taking both to Germany should my DH get orders there.  If we were to travel, I'm sure there are places we would avoid, but not because of not vaccinating, but because of the fact that why would I want to visit a run-down slum?  Most places that tourists visit are well developed and safe. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)