Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

for moms whose kid or kids were on miralax but now off

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM
  • 4 Replies
MY 3 year old son has had constipation ever since he got off formula when he was 1. We took him to a pediatric G.I. doctor 6 months ago and they put him on 1/2 cap of miralax a day which he has been taking every day for the last 6 months. I have no complaints with it and am very pleased with the results. HE no longer has trouble pooping and poops in the potty something he wouldent do before. Anyways we are set to go back tommarrow for a check up and i dont know what to ask him. I am just concerned about how and when my son will ever be able to get off miralax. Obviously i dont want him to be constipated again however I also dont want him to be on it forever. At some point I want him to be able to go on his own with no medication. I am looking for advice from other moms whose kids were in the same situation to hopefully hear some success stories of thier kids successfully getting off and being able to go naturally.

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:43 AM
bump

Im lindsey a 22 year old  married,christian,sahm to two little boys Landan and Colin,formula feeding,vaxing,bottle propping on occasion,ff at 1 year,cio method using,spanking when needed,likes to sing but not in public,my mom is my best friend,110% pro-life,I dont support being gay or ,this is who I am if you don't like it Im sorry.

agunderman
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:50 AM

my son was constipated from a very young age..id say since he was 6 mths or so..we finally we able to give him miralax when he was 2..he is now 4 and hasnt had it in like a yr...we kinda just weaned him off..miralax worked really good for as long as we needed it while all of the other things that we have tried worked only for a little while.

what if you give it to him every other day? see if you can do that without him getting constipated again..i know it breaks your heart when you see them crying and being scared to go..at least thats how my son was.. 

Mommy2twoboyz22
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:00 AM
im just scared to cut back because he has been on it prior to the 6 months and it dident work so well because i wasent giving him enough.i guess i will just have to ask the g.i. doc tommarrow im just trying to ease my mind a little i guess

agunderman
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:03 AM

i thought my son would be on it forever but he wasnt...maybe his diet changed or something but he is a lot better now!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)