Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Why am I gaining weight??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM
  • 3 Replies

I had been working nights (5pm-midnight) for 3 years now and have finally got on the day shift Oct.1st  I always ate at noon and midnight that was my schedule and I never gained any weight, but just stayed the same 179-181 lbs. Now I eat breakfast, lunch , dinner and get 71/2-81/2 hours a sleep a night (used to get 5 hrs at the MOST) I just weighed myself and I now weigh 186 lbs??? WTF?? I am eating better on a better schedule, getting  more sleep, more active I work 9am -4 pm but am up at 7am until 11pm going and going every day I can't just lay around until the kids got home from school and I got ready for work like before.....soooo why am I gaining weight??

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 12:45 AM

Sounds like your body is still in "starvation" mode so when you do eat decent meals at the (right) times it holds on to every calorie.   What kind of meals are you eating?  Are they high is starches, fats?   Hopefully once everything settles down and you can put some work outs in the mix, your body will go back down in weight.

steph2884
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:32 AM

It may take a while for your body to adjust to the change. After working nights for a while your body will make adjustments in your metabolism. Now that you've switched your body over, it will take time for it to adjust back. Right now your body is saying you should be sleeping when you are not. When you are sleeping your metabolism is slow, which is why you shouldn't eat before bed (like me eating way too much soy ice cream right now...). So when you are eating during the day now your body just isn't burning the calories off as fast. Give it some time to adjust.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
MixedCooke
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:27 AM

yeah it is just your body still adjusting.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)