Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

anyone have a vmotion?

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM
  • 11 Replies

My mom is planning on getting one for my daughter for Christmas.  It will be her first video game system.  I've read reviews about it on toys r us and some seem to complain, so I'm wondering, if you have one, do your kids like it?  Have you had any problems with it?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:13 AM

bump

BonitaM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:16 AM

My daughter loves hers.  She's still figuring out the video game thingy but she's always asking to play it or the the other vtech video game...she has both.

jenniepepsi
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:18 AM

we love it!! but be careful with the controller. its durable and everything. but DD spilled some juice on it, and even after cleainging, taking apart and cleaning, and everything i could think of. it just doesnt work right anymore. so she is getting a new one for xmas

jaysmommy04
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:19 AM

I got one last Christmas for my 5 YO. He liked it. It is pretty fun, but it might take your LO a little time to figure it out.  My son never played a video game before the Vmotion and it took him a few times to get the hang of it.

The only thing negative wise..would be that the games are 20 bucks a piece usually and their games do not really have much to them.  My son goes through them pretty fast.

.thguoht ew naht lanoisuled erom ruoy siht daer nac uoy fI

Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:23 AM

Yeah, I saw the price of the games, but that's disappointing that they go through them fast.  Would buying 2 extra games be enough to keep her entertained you think?  I plan on giving her a daily time limit on playing it.  

Quoting jaysmommy04:

I got one last Christmas for my 5 YO. He liked it. It is pretty fun, but it might take your LO a little time to figure it out.  My son never played a video game before the Vmotion and it took him a few times to get the hang of it.

The only thing negative wise..would be that the games are 20 bucks a piece usually and their games do not really have much to them.  My son goes through them pretty fast.

Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:27 PM

bump

JasonsMom2007
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM

My 2 1/2 year old is getting one for Christmas.  He's going to love it!  I know the games may be a little above him but so are daddy's wii games and he still loves playing them.  I find it crazy how expensive the games are!

teacup714
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM

DS love his... i got it last year for xmas... the only drawback is that you have to get batteries... or... you can buy the AC adapter seprate....

kiko2mommy
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:32 PM

My mom bought one for the two older girls last christmas. They loved it and as a side bonus, the twins who are 2 have really started getting into it too. They all four fight over it, so I think we might have to get a couple more controllers. LOL

Kyah, 9            Gracie, 6          Haylee & Hanna 2 

Hayliesmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:41 PM

so is the actual machine battery operated or the controller?

Quoting teacup714:

DS love his... i got it last year for xmas... the only drawback is that you have to get batteries... or... you can buy the AC adapter seprate....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)