Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

breaking the baby maker

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 AM
  • 4 Replies

Poll

Question: Should he get a vasectomy?

Options:

yes

no

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 11

View Results

I would just like some advice on my husband getting a vasectomy or not. If you husband has, what was the deciding factor, how old were both of you, how many kids, boys? girls? ya know.....anything will help. I am 26 he is 28 and we have 2 girls....6 and 2. I do NOT want more kids and he is undecided......Also my body reacts badly to birth control for some reason. I have tried 4 in the last 2 years so the only thing we are using is condoms. It is kinda putting a strain on our sex life cause im terrified of getting pregnant. What should we do?

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gigglefiend121
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:10 AM

Is there a reason why you don't want to get your tubes tied? I flat out refuse to get mine done when the time comes. I think my husband should get snipped, why should all the responsibility fall on me?

twogrlsmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:15 AM

Quoting gigglefiend121:

Is there a reason why you don't want to get your tubes tied? I flat out refuse to get mine done when the time comes. I think my husband should get snipped, why should all the responsibility fall on me?

I have been through 2 pregnancys and a  bad procedure due to an IUD gone wrong....getting my tubes ties would be an option but its a major thing and being down a week or 2. I have 2 little ones to care for and he could go in on friday and be back to work on monday...it just makes more sense to me....plus it wont hurt to see him walk funny for once!!! LOL

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:24 AM

I think if you are sure you are done then he should get one.  You have already done more bringing those girls into the world that I think his possibility of a week of pain is fair. lol. seriously, dh is getting one after the next kiddo... besides it is easier to reverse a vasectomy than a tubal..

GodsAmiga
by Silver Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM

Neither my husband nor I are going to get fixed. We just don't like the idea that if we changed our minds we wouldn't be able to change our minds. I mean, I already want to do adoption but if we wanted to get pregnant again we wouldn't be able to.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)