Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For moms with angel babies or angel babies in your families-this is for you and for them-Please feel free to share pics or stories!

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM
  • 7 Replies

You never said you're leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why.
A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place,
That nobody could ever fill.
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.

Don't let them say, I wasn't born
That something stopped my heart
I felt each tender squeeze you gave
I've loved you from the start.

Although my body you can't hold,
It doesn't mean I'm gone.
This world was worthy, not, of me
God chose that I move on.

I know the pain that drowns your soul,
What you are forced to face.
You have my word, I'll fill your arms
Someday we will embrace.

You'll hear that it was "meant to be,
God doesn't make mistakes"
But that won't soften your worst blow..
Or make your heart not ache.

I'm watching over all you do,
another child you'll bear.
Believe me when I say to you,
That I am always there.

There will come a time, I promise you
When you will hold my hand,
Stroke my face and kiss my lips
And then you'll understand.

Although, I've never breathed your air,
Or gazed into your eyes..
That doesn't mean I never "was"
An Angel Never Dies........

To honor my nephew Antonio Isaiah Gonzales aka Peanut  1/30/2007-3/27/2007 Toni was taken from us when he was two months old. He passed on due to SIDS. Just thought I would share and give other ladies a chance to share too.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Proudbirthmom06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:29 AM

Just bumping to keep it up 

Proudbirthmom06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:31 AM

bump 

jojomommy
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:32 AM

BUMP

KT9105
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:35 AM

The only photo I have is in my head.  I'll never forget that morning, I can remember every detail like it just happened.

I was just under 17 weeks along and had been on and off bedrest.  I had just gotten off the phone with my husband, who was boarding a plane to come out to be with me.  We were visting my parents for 2 months and he had to go back to work for a couple weeks so he was on his way back to continue the visit.  I felt a bit of blood leak out and went to the bathroom and she came out.  I laid her in the sink and got a towel to put her on then went to my mother's bathroom and told her we had to go.  She finished getting dressed and we went to the ER.  My husband called about 30 minutes after the ultrasound confirming she was gone and I had to tell him over the phone our baby was gone.  He never even got to see her.  I still feel guilty for that.

Kitta123
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:37 AM

That is a very sad but very beautiful poem. I lost a baby on Valentines day this year

I belong to the "Uterine Abnormalities and having babies" group

Proudbirthmom06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:38 AM

God bless you mama. I'm so sorry for your loss. Lord knows I have never lost a baby, losing my nephew was the closest I have ever come.im sorry

Quoting KT9105:

The only photo I have is in my head.  I'll never forget that morning, I can remember every detail like it just happened.

I was just under 17 weeks along and had been on and off bedrest.  I had just gotten off the phone with my husband, who was boarding a plane to come out to be with me.  We were visting my parents for 2 months and he had to go back to work for a couple weeks so he was on his way back to continue the visit.  I felt a bit of blood leak out and went to the bathroom and she came out.  I laid her in the sink and got a towel to put her on then went to my mother's bathroom and told her we had to go.  She finished getting dressed and we went to the ER.  My husband called about 30 minutes after the ultrasound confirming she was gone and I had to tell him over the phone our baby was gone.  He never even got to see her.  I still feel guilty for that.

Proudbirthmom06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 1:40 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss sweety. I found the poems when my 16 year old cousin had a miscarriage earlier this year. I sent them to her, but felt the need to post them here too.

Quoting Kitta123:

That is a very sad but very beautiful poem. I lost a baby on Valentines day this year

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)