Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Wow... yet another deadbeat 'father' post

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM
  • 2 Replies

I'm so amazed right now. I get papers from court saying I have a child support hearing next week. I just kind of chuckle at this since the order has been in since last Dec so almost a year and I have yet to receive anything including insurance. So aparently this hearing is for them to take away his drivers license but in my papers I have a letter from the 'father' to the child support office that says he's working 14 hrs a week and has sent payment of $20 and will send $20 every two weeks and he wants a new hearing. I laughed out loud. His ordered payment is aprox $250, $40 of which is for arrears and that was set in May so I know it will be higher now. I haven't had contact from him since July and barely had contact in the few months leading up to that due to domestic violence, stalking and harassment and multiple restraining orders I had to get on him after being put in protective custody because the sheriffs were convinced he was going to kill me... So anyway enough of my rambling I just thought it was amusing how someone after almost a year can send in $20 and think the judge is going to side with him. It makes me so happy that my son has a real father now, might not be biological but he loves his daddy. Sorry I'm just kind of ranting tonight :) Have a good night everybody!

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 2:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
cuddlebunnymom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 3:55 AM

Actually that letter can give him a little thing there.  If he sticks to it and is making an attmept you'd be surprised what the courts will do for him.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 4:19 AM

GL with the hearing and all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)