Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could it be bed bugs??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:53 AM
  • 8 Replies

Two nights ago my husband woke up with 8 bites forming a cirle in the fold of his elbow. I blew it off and assumed maybe a spider had decided to feast on him for the night. Well this morning he tells me he got three more bites last night - two on his shoulder and one on his neck. I am a clean person - as is he - we havent stayed in any bed other then ours and no one has slept in mine - and I have not been bit - so wth is going on? Could it be bed bugs?? And if so how do I get rid of them?! And why am I not being bit? Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
mrs.crosby
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:55 AM

I'm sorry. I really dont know anything  about bedbugs. I would guess it was them. I just wanted to reply and say I LOVE your screen name. that's sort of like what I used to be when I had kids---no one knew my name anymore--even now my dd's friends even call me Mom.  

mom to Shelby and Manda
in love with Brandon
kaitlynsmom428
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:57 AM

We once thought we had bed bugs too. My husband kepts getting these really bad sores.. We had pro's come in and check. neg. He ended up having staph infections :( Good luck

bjarrett
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 6:58 AM

google it, there's pictures of bites and a bunch of info on how/where  to look for them, and treatment isn't as good as it use to be b/c of FDA regulations.

good Luck!

LaurenAkaMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:03 AM

Quoting mrs.crosby:

I'm sorry. I really dont know anything  about bedbugs. I would guess it was them. I just wanted to reply and say I LOVE your screen name. that's sort of like what I used to be when I had kids---no one knew my name anymore--even now my dd's friends even call me Mom.  

Thanks! Its easy to lose your identity to motherhood, lol.

LaurenAkaMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:05 AM

Quoting kaitlynsmom428:

We once thought we had bed bugs too. My husband kepts getting these really bad sores.. We had pro's come in and check. neg. He ended up having staph infections :( Good luck

Yeah his are itchy and have puss spots - I will have to look into someone coming out - he didnt even want to go to sleep last night.

LaurenAkaMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:06 AM

Quoting bjarrett:

google it, there's pictures of bites and a bunch of info on how/where  to look for them, and treatment isn't as good as it use to be b/c of FDA regulations.

good Luck!

Thanks - I did look some this morning but the photos seemed way worse then the bites he has - I will look more into it today at work.

MissMandaz
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:10 AM

I had an issue like this a while back.. i was the only who was getting bit as i thought and both of my kiddoes were fine.. i changed my laundry detergent and they went away.. I was allergic to the laundy getergent..

~Mandaz

LaurenAkaMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 7:23 AM

Quoting MissMandaz:

I had an issue like this a while back.. i was the only who was getting bit as i thought and both of my kiddoes were fine.. i changed my laundry detergent and they went away.. I was allergic to the laundy getergent..

~Mandaz

My husband does have bad allergic reactions - has to wear unscented deodorant and all - I did just switch the detergent too - Did yours look like a rash or bites?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)