Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OMFG! SERIOUSLY?!?!? *edit*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:07 AM
  • 163 Replies

Okay people, for the last time: THE MILITARY DOES NOT GIVE AWAY FREE COSMETIC SURGERY!!!!!

There, was that clear enough for you? As for those who believe everything they read just because someone posts it, I feel sorry for you.

Also, for those who said "my tax dollars..." NEWS FLASH: military members pay taxes just like everyone else, they are not exempt.

We don't "repopulate for free" either. Yes, some military families tend to have larger families (because we usually jump our spouse's bones before/after deployment) but we get no extra benefits for it...and it's not always for free....(also, you aren't paying for my kids to be born either).

I'm sorry that so many people cannot get it through their heads after it has been posted on here countless times....but again, we do not get free cosmetic surgery.

Reconstructive surgery and cosmetic surgery are two different things just so most of you know that...

So, stop with the psychobabble bullshit and get off the high horse!

Okay, it seems that some of us are having a hard time grasping something:

Just because something is not medically necessary does NOT automatically make it a cosmetic surgery.

Reconstructive surgery happens for many reasons. Sometimes you can live without getting reconstructive surgery done and still be good to go. Reconstructive surgery happens when there is a defect because of injury, disease, or anything along those lines or a congenital defect (that is a birth defect).

Also, just because something is considered cosmetic in civilian world, it does not mean that it is considered the same in military life...and that is the focal point here...

Army wife to Chad (12/28/2007) army

Mommy to Jeffrey (10/14/2009) baby boy

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:11 AM

Lol, I missed that post. I hear they will only pay for one boob. j/k 

Swtmama62205
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:12 AM

lol that lady was seriously pissing me off.  I am not military but omg she obviously has a chip on her shoulder

DaisyAg2003
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:14 AM

I am not military, but I am glad you made the statement that reconstructive surgery is not the same as cosmetic surgery!

I hope you are having a great day with your little baby boy!  :-)

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:16 AM

I know...and the sad thing is that there are a few people like that on here....

I mean I know it's part of my DH's job, but we moved halfway around the freakin' world, away from family, and they missed the birth of our first baby....he is the first grandchild and they have yet to see/hold him but over a crappy computer connection...

I'm just irritable right now, can you tell? lol!

Quoting Swtmama62205:

lol that lady was seriously pissing me off.  I am not military but omg she obviously has a chip on her shoulder

staceyface
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:17 AM

LMAO, I just skimmed the first sentence of your post and thought it said the military doesn't give away free "cosmetics"....I stopped and thought 'like Avon?"  Wow, sorry, I'm not awake yet.

lcappytan05

lol, thanks.

I mean, I wrote a paper about cosmetic surgery and reconstructive surgery a bit back...I can give it to those that dont understand if they would like...lol!

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

I am not military, but I am glad you made the statement that reconstructive surgery is not the same as cosmetic surgery!

Jynnifer292

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

Oh dear, I hope now that I made the boob joke it wasn't about someone having breast reconstruction. They are totally different things.

lcappytan05

hahaha!

Quoting staceyface:

LMAO, I just skimmed the first sentence of your post and thought it said the military doesn't give away free "cosmetics"....I stopped and thought 'like Avon?"  Wow, sorry, I'm not awake yet.

lcappytan05
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:19 AM

lol, no people are trying to say that because a neighbor walks out with a brand new set of ta-tas, that is must be cosmetic bc "that's what boob jobs are."

they dont know the whole story and assume...ugh!

Quoting Jynnifer292:

Quoting DaisyAg2003:

Oh dear, I hope now that I made the boob joke it wasn't about someone having breast reconstruction. They are totally different things.

airforewifenmom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:20 AM

Ignorance is bliss for some people................I feel your pain lol. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)