Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

IS IT LEGAL TO STAB SOMEONE FOR FORCED ENTRY !!!! EDIT IN RED*****

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 AM
  • 52 Replies

So me my DH and our son were on our balcony enjoying the nice weather when someone started POUNDING on our front door !! I mean pounding like the cops,lol. Since we dont have a peephole I always ask who it is so here is how it went !

ME: Who is it?

GUY: I'M LOOKING FOR JAMES !

ME:You got the wrong apartment !

GUY:BULLSHIT ! I WANNA SEE JAMES !

at this point I went and grabbed a kitchen knife and made sure my son was on the balcony with my DH because this guy was getting nasty sounding !. my DH's back is severely injured so thats why I took care of the situation,lol.

ME: You have the wrong apartment! No one named James lives here ! !!!GO THE FUCK AWAY !!!

GUY: WTFE ! I HAVE BEEN HERE 3 TIMES BEFORE !! i'M GOING TO BEAT THE FUCK OUTTA HIM ! OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR !!!

so he stayed outside for about 5 minutes screaming on my front poorch . I had enough !! So I opened the door, remember I have a HUGE  really sharp knife in my hand that I clearly make visible when I open the door !!!

ME: DO I FREAKING LOOK LIKE JAMES ???!!! HUH YOU DUMB ASS!! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM MY DOOR  !!! YOU ARE SCARING MY SON !

GUY: I WANT TO SEE JAMES!! I DONT GIVE A SHIT WHO I'M SCARING!

takes a step twards me

ME: LISTEN DOUCHE BAG , ONE MORE STEP AND ITS CONCIDERED FORCED ENTRY I WILL STAB THE SHIT OUT OF YOU AND BE SURE YOUR NOT MOVING BY THE TIME IM DONE, YOU WILL NOT THREATEN ME OR MY FAMILY. THEN I WILL CALL THE FUCKING COPS TO PICK UP YOUR FUCKING BODY !!!! BACK OFFFFF !!!!!!

he backs of twards the stairs, some chick he was with came running half way up the steps but when she saw the knife she turned around and went back down, lmao.....i was laughing on the inside !

by then i slammed the door and he left ! I talked to my maintinence man later and he said the same guy threatened to shoot him. Yes, this guy was really messed p on something but I just want to be 100% is it legal to actually defend my family in that manner?

SO FLORIDA HAS THE "STAND YOUR GROUND LAW" IT WOULD HAVE BEEN LEGAL AS LONG AS I FELT THREATENED FOR MY FAMILIES SAFTEY AND HE TRIED TO STEP FOOT IN MY HOME. JUST BECAUSE I OPENED THE DOOR DOES NOT ENTITLE HIM TO ENTER, I WAS TELLING HIM TO LEAVE THE ENTIRE TIME IF HE WOULD OF TRIED TO ENTER I COULD HAVE LEGALLY STABBED HIM AND COULD HAVE EVEN CONTINUED TO STAB HIM EVEN IF HE TRIED TO RUN AWAY. THIS MAKES ME FEEL ALOT BETTER KNOWING I WILL NOT BE SEPERATED FROM MY FAMILY BECAUSE SOME JACKASS . I ALSO FOUND OUT WHO THE GUY WAS AND WHO THE "JAMES' WAS HE WAS LOOKING FOR, MY LANDLORD IS GOING TO HIS PLACE OF BUISNESS TO SPEAK TO HIM AND HIS BOSS AS WE SPEAK !

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DonnaKeith
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I believe he has to be actually IN the house. If he ever comes back, let him step inside and then get him.

Donna KeithWife to JC, Mom to Hannah, Cody & Eli
taias_ma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM

ok is this for real?

shebearncub
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:56 AM

I think he has to be in your apartment before you can do that and your life has to be in danger.......But Not sure......either way...WOW! That management needs to get a restraining order against that guy. He is a menace to say the least! I would have called the cops.

allurasmamma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Honestly. I Believe the only room you can kill someone (forced entry wise) in is the bedroom. MOST states are different but i remember a police friend of mine said something about that. I Would have just called the cops on the dude and would have never answered the door, especially with the kid there. NO way. YOU Never know what someone is capable of. i am sorry sorry this happened to you and you were so brave. what state do you live in?

missingbelle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM

Thts what i figured, thats why i told him one more step and i will stab him because 1 more step he would of put his foot in the thresh hold of my front door.

Quoting DonnaKeith:

I believe he has to be actually IN the house. If he ever comes back, let him step inside and then get him.

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:57 AM

wow, that is scary, do not think i would have the guts to open the door, i would have called the cops first! YOU ARE BRAVE!

MamaBloom777
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM

It may depend on the state, but I've also heard that you can't do anything in "self-defense" unless you've been hurt first.  Messed up, I know. 

Good going though, Mama!  You're one tough cookie!  I bet if felt kinda good to scare the piss out of a grown man :) 

missingbelle
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:58 AM

florida by orlando NOT SAFE AT ALL HERE !!! lol.

Quoting allurasmamma:

Honestly. I Believe the only room you can kill someone (forced entry wise) in is the bedroom. MOST states are different but i remember a police friend of mine said something about that. I Would have just called the cops on the dude and would have never answered the door, especially with the kid there. NO way. YOU Never know what someone is capable of. i am sorry sorry this happened to you and you were so brave. what state do you live in?

BraxtonsMom07
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM

i do think he needs to be inside the house....but my rule is if my family is threatened i'll kill somone and then drag them in the house:) lol

lovinmyboys...
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM

Why didn't anyone call the cops????? 

turkey dinnerBe thankful for what you have.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)