Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

feeling bad about this weekend..

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM
  • 6 Replies

Well...dh and mine 1 year wedding anniversary is on Sunday. It went by so fast. So I was excited about celebrating it. Well...our wedding anniversary is getting pushed aside for everyone else. Our cousin is getting married on Saturday. 3 houses down from us. Yay. Then our brother in law and sil and their kids are staying the night with us on Saturday because bil wants to fish on Sunday. My brothers b-day party is Monday. Nowhere in there is anyone willing to help us have that special day..Because they have all forgotten our anniversary. When bil and sil had theirs...We planned for  3 months a party for them...I'm not even gonna get a happy anniversary...Everyone just wants to fricken fish...I'm pissed and tired, and I think I'm going to mysteriously break the boat motor this weekend..

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 8:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
gardenchic
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:00 AM

WELL go and celebrate yours as well, WE SURE WOULD! that is special!

southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:01 AM

yeah..but i REALLY need a date with dh without the kids and everyone is concerned with them selves to watch them for us..

Quoting gardenchic:

WELL go and celebrate yours as well, WE SURE WOULD! that is special!

CafeMom Tickers

MamaBloom777
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:04 AM

That sucks that you feel forgotten :(  It really is about you & DH though, so as long as you guys make it special for each other (even if its in some little way), then that's all that matters.  I remember my 1st anniversary was not all about the family throwing a big party for us (that's what the wedding & reception were for)....we just ended up going out to eat together & having a night alone.  I know that you can't have that this particular weekend, but you could do something small for each other now & then celebrate alone when everything else is done. 

Good luck!  And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!  I hope you have many more!!!

gardenchic
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:05 AM

I WILL watch the kiddies for you,,,,

southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM

thank you..its just that mil MADE us all throw bil and sil a suprise one for them in september..and everyones forgotten ours..im so pissed i cant even look at them..

Quoting MamaBloom777:

That sucks that you feel forgotten :(  It really is about you & DH though, so as long as you guys make it special for each other (even if its in some little way), then that's all that matters.  I remember my 1st anniversary was not all about the family throwing a big party for us (that's what the wedding & reception were for)....we just ended up going out to eat together & having a night alone.  I know that you can't have that this particular weekend, but you could do something small for each other now & then celebrate alone when everything else is done. 

Good luck!  And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!  I hope you have many more!!!

CafeMom Tickers

southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:06 AM

lol..

Quoting gardenchic:

I WILL watch the kiddies for you,,,,

CafeMom Tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)