Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHAT DO I DO??

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
ok so my son has been getting his canine teeth and he's been cranky but he's been doing ok with them. well he's been getting up at 6:30 every morning and this morning it was 5:30. he's had a slight fever with the teething but he's been screaming for over an hour and nothing makes him happy.. i'm about to lose it. i got 3 hours of sleep last night(if that). i'm freaking nuts and he is wanting to be clingy and when you tell him no he throws a tantrum. what can i do to make things better? he won't eat this morning or drink anything. i gave him some tylenol for his teeth and fever.oh my goodness. someone help me please. i feel horrible for him but geez a kid can only scream for so long. nothing is working.any advice would be nice.

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
taias_ma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:11 AM

this is why being a parent is so hard...regardless of how tired you are or how irritated you are you need to hold him and love on him.  he's hurting now and his way of dealing with it is for mommy to love on him.  I know it's tough especially when you are worn out, but give in mama...hold him all he wants

kgsharber
by Gold Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:16 AM

FYI our dentist said k9's are the most painful to come in. I would try a bath, my kids love baths so it's always a good distraction. 

AirForceWife412
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:17 AM

Quoting taias_ma:

this is why being a parent is so hard...regardless of how tired you are or how irritated you are you need to hold him and love on him.  he's hurting now and his way of dealing with it is for mommy to love on him.  I know it's tough especially when you are worn out, but give in mama...hold him all he wants

i tried that and all he did was jump backwards and hit his head in my chest. he's a little cranky when he's hurting.. he only wanted his daddy this morning and daddy had to go to work at 6:15. military dads!! ugh!lol.i'm trying so hard to be patient and i know what my problem is. my son won't even come near me now. he keeps looking out the window for daddy. i know if i give him another hour or so he'll be asleep again. i can make it. i can do this!!
ff-princess
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:32 AM

I have found that motrin works a lot better for teething pain than tylenol does.  I've got a 2 year old who's getting her molars, and an 8 1/2 month old who is getting some toofers as well. 

it's been a hellacious couple of weeks with minimal sleep for me, and the poor baby is chewing on tables and the entertainment center, along with biting my knees or anything else she can get hold of.  the poor tot is not interested in food because her teeth are bothering her so bad, and if she does eat it's only the mushy food.  so I'm making a lot of pasta for her.  thankfully the older one is getting pretty good at vocalizing what's wrong and will come tell me if she has owie teeth.

good luck, I know it's soooooo hard to get through.  I feel so bad for them, but there is a limit on what we can do for them.  my girls' doctor said that if adults got teeth like children do we would have to be knocked out because it hurts that much.  I also didn't know that teething causes the ears to pop, especially when they're having their bottle.  you learn something new every day...

oh, have you tried giving him a freezer pop or some other kind of popsicle?  it numbs their gums for a bit anyway.

ctfirsttimemom
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:36 AM

agreed... my son has gotten 15 teeth in the past 7 months... its been awful.  He is only 13 months.  He sleeps terribly at night and I havn't slep through the night since my second trimester.  Other then motrin popsicles seem to help him.  maybe try that?

Quoting taias_ma:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)