Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm not understanding..health reform..

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM
  • 13 Replies

Ok...I'm not exactly understanding the health reform thing...is it free insurance for everybody..or will everyone have to pay for it and it being mandatory? Because wouldn't that make us even more of a financially troubled country??..like..Wouldn't that make it even harder for some families to get by??..I'm just trying to understand it better..

CafeMom Tickers

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:18 AM

nobody can answer this for me??

CafeMom Tickers

kimmie1019
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I don;t know anything about it but, I am so pissed off about health insurance right now!!!! My husband and I are on a very expensive medicine (about 47 daily) and we get no help. And I personally know sevral ppl that are not sick disablibed or anything and they get everything! We went for helo ONCE and got laughed at, I wanna move to Canada or France!! I heard that we are all paying for this so we will see how great universal healthcare is! Sorry for sapzzing but, they need to make a dicision like yesterday! Oh and my husband works his ass off and without the meds we would be doing ok but without the meds we'd have nothing

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:21 AM

From what I understand, the President wants to go government healthcare like England, Austrailia, France etc.  It would be low cost but there are many restrictions and conveniences that will no longer exist.  Try googling the government healthcare for one of the countries above and see.  It is hard to word what I want to say correctly.

NubiQ
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:22 AM

Your gut feeling is correct. The healthcare reform will be detrimental to our national deficit as we are already owing trillions just in interest to to international countries. Yes, it will be mandatory for all Americans to get healthcare and if you don't or your company doesn't offer it, you and the company will be slapped with a nice fee...$2k+.

Honestly, our representatives and the Prez don't understand it either!

RyleighsMoM3505
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:23 AM

Also from what I've read this healthcare reform wouldn't come into effect until after this term or later... something like 6yrs to get it up and running smoothly.

NubiQ
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:25 AM

I agree but universal healthcare the way they are trying to implement it is not great. You are complaining about your service now, once they start rationing care and medicine, you will really be pissed.

Quoting kimmie1019:

I don;t know anything about it but, I am so pissed off about health insurance right now!!!! My husband and I are on a very expensive medicine (about 47 daily) and we get no help. And I personally know sevral ppl that are not sick disablibed or anything and they get everything! We went for helo ONCE and got laughed at, I wanna move to Canada or France!! I heard that we are all paying for this so we will see how great universal healthcare is! Sorry for sapzzing but, they need to make a dicision like yesterday! Oh and my husband works his ass off and without the meds we would be doing ok but without the meds we'd have nothing

LaTala Cofield, BA, MBA

NubiQ
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:27 AM

It would take effect b/t 2013-2015 from what I read.

Quoting RyleighsMoM3505:

Also from what I've read this healthcare reform wouldn't come into effect until after this term or later... something like 6yrs to get it up and running smoothly.

kk_bella
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:28 AM

No, it won't be free.

Nothing is free in this country, it is paid for by TAXES.

I can't answer your other questions, because quite frankly, there are too many versions of the bill being passed around to have any idea what the final bill will look like.

It also depends on your definition of 'mandatory'. 

kimmie1019
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:29 AM

Noone gets it do they? I am glad that the kids have health insurance, but to get insurance SUCKS!!!! I remember when I was pregnant, it was much easier but that was 4 yrs ago! We are wiat listed for Blue Cross (for a discount program) BUT-We can get supplimental insurance for the LOW LOW price $377.43 a month per person! Oh and we arnt' alsing for ling term helo-my DH can't recive benefits unitl Jan. 2010! SO a lil over a month

kimmie1019
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:34 AM

Oh I know! I just have been busdting my ass to get some kinda health insurance and nothing! We arn't old, we are in good health-it is one stupid prescription and we need it! And I used to get benefits for myself cause I don't work but DH does and there is a new law-His income is my income-even though we ar married, they always saw it as him supporting me but no more! In that case I make pretty damn good money for being here, And this makes me mad too, they go by our gross pay! AAAHHHHH-Sorry-it has been realy bumpy for us! 

Quoting NubiQ:

I agree but universal healthcare the way they are trying to implement it is not great. You are complaining about your service now, once they start rationing care and medicine, you will really be pissed.

Quoting kimmie1019:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)