Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beyond Pissed At Hubby. (EDIT) newest update in red

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM
  • 26 Replies

Ok so we were discussing Christmas this year. We already bought DD's. I'm getting DS's tomorrow. Hubby's came in the mail 2 days ago. OK? Not a problem. Well Hubby let me know that since his gift was $800 that he wasn't getting me a gift at all. The only things I told him I wanted was this chihuahua puppy out at the pound. OR a iPod touch 8gb (didn't even have to be brand new). Those are the only things. But no. I can't have either. He spent $800 a camera, we didn't even need. We just got a new camera 3 months ago. Why does he need a new one? I realise I am coming off as spoiled but seriously...he can get a $800 camera and I can't even get a $150 iPod? And the dog was only $45 with full set of shots and a spay charge. Those are the only 2 things I wanted. That's it. And I would have taken either/or. And on top of everything else, DH doesn't want to go to my graduation ceremony next month or even to Thanksgiving at my grandma's. He MADE me go to his parent's for my bday and Christmas last year. He could atleast go to Thanksgiving. You eat, then leave. Ugh.

EDIT***The camera can't be returned. I bought it from a specialty store that has a no return for any reason policy. If I tried to sell it, I wouldn't get back my $800. People in my town are cheap. And no one would have any idea what to do with such a powerful camera. I'd go and get the puppy but he'd just get rid of it. Or be mean to it. (He's opposed to dogs since he thinks I killed his. Long story short...she got heartworms and died while he was away with the Army.) And on the iPod thing...I think he's just being an ass. I couldn't pay cash for it. I'd have to use the card and then pay off card in Jan. And the card is in his wallet which stays locked in his car. I called today and made us an appointment with a christian therapist for marriage counceling. We're not religious, but we have found that Christian therapists are more understanding and actually try to help. It's also through a non-profit organization so we won't have to pay a dime. (I'm going to donate some baby items to their pregnancy center though so I won't feel like I'm getting something for free.) Hubby wasn't always like this. He just turned this way after coming home from the army. This week alone I have been blamed for him joining the army, being a spoiled brat, making him have another baby (told him he should have kept it in his pants if he didnt want a 2nd baby, making him go to nursing school (told himid rather he went to school for something he loved), apparently Im lazy and overweight, never do anything right and he told me to move out. But my names on lease. Also he will not let me get a job since we only have 1 car. But he wont buy another damn car, then bitches that i dont contribute to the household, tells me none of the money is mine, we came to an agreement to be equal partners 2 days ago and yesterday he was a severe prick i tried not to pick a fight but he kept having a damn attitude. I finally just said fuck it and ignored him. Imnot ready to give up on my marriage. i just want hiim to stop being a douche.

He bought me the ipod. yay. and he IS going to my graduation bc I want someone to take pics for my scrapbook and hes a professional photographer also. hes not deploying and that has taken the stress off 1000 times better. we are doing ok now. still going to go to counceling and work on it. but today was a good day we took the kids to the park and had a blast taking photos of dd shes our lil camera whore

by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmandaNaus
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:48 AM

I think I would tell him that I was going to send his back and or sell it. I would also tell him that he had to go to the thanksgiving thing for the kids.

Mommy2One881
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

Sorry, but your husband sounds like a selfish jerk.

Crazy-Steph
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:50 AM

The biggest thing that stands out to me is the fact that he doesn't want to go to your graduation.  How can he not "want" to go and support/celebrate the person he is supposed to love and cherish?

tam84
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Why does he have this level of control in your partnership? If I even dream my husband has tried to "make" me do anything Im going to wake up and slap his ass.

NattysMommy
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM

Quoting Mommy2One881:

Agreed

southernjess3
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:52 AM

haha..id sell his camera and get the dog AND the ipod..and a lil graduation gift for yourself too:)

CafeMom Tickers

HLoeffler08
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:53 AM

totally, that is so messed up! You need to have a serious talk with him.

Quoting Mommy2One881:

chair.r13

this

Quoting tam84:

Why does he have this level of control in your partnership? If I even dream my husband has tried to "make" me do anything Im going to wake up and slap his ass.

tdmag

Haha, no shit ;)

Quoting tam84:

lil_Army_Wife05
by Ruby Member on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:55 AM

I'll have to say he does sound like a selfish jerk....

Does he act this way on other things as well? For him to not want to go to your graduation, that is just wrong....I will say if my husband acted that way I would really start to feel that he no longer loves me....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)