Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need advice!! *TMI*

Posted by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM
  • 9 Replies
I am 24 weeks pregnant. DH and I went 3 weeks without having sex and I could tell it was starting to bother him. Everytime we have sex I start having back aches. I mean they are so bad I can't sit still. After a few hours they go away. Last night we had sex and it felt like my butt was gonna fall out. It lasted for about 30 minutes. After that the pain got tolerable. After about an hour I fell asleep and this morning the pain is gone. What could be causing this? Has anyone else had this? If you don't know can you please bump so maybe someone who does know will see it!
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
DeniseLV
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM

No idea. 

meryclaire
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Sex was painful to me during pregnancy too, not sure why it happens though.

BUMP

MoM.i.aM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:51 AM
I was like this with my first pregnancy. I am just wondering if there is anything I can do to make it better.
Quoting meryclaire:

Sex was painful to me during pregnancy too, not sure why it happens though.

BUMP

luving-mom-of-2
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:54 AM

Talk to your doctor about it.  Maybe the baby shifts onto a nerve during sex.  I dunno.  Good luck, though!

Proud Denny Hamlin #11 & Michael Waltrip #55 Fan!

DeeLiteFoolMama
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:56 AM

Definitely talk to the doctor about it - the words "back pain" and "by butt felt like it was gonna fall out" makes me think labor! But obviously since you are still preggers, isn't the case... In any case, I would definitely talk to your OB - they've heard it all and it wouldn't be the first time!

And btw, sex during my pregnancy was never painful... sometimes you need to be creative about your positioning, but other than that :-p

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

MoM.i.aM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:01 AM
Yeah it was a constant pain, but I could feel it get worse which made me think I was having contractions. But then they went away. DH said it scared him and he wanted to take me to get checked. We didn't go because it went away.
Quoting DeeLiteFoolMama:

Definitely talk to the doctor about it - the words "back pain" and "by butt felt like it was gonna fall out" makes me think labor! But obviously since you are still preggers, isn't the case... In any case, I would definitely talk to your OB - they've heard it all and it wouldn't be the first time!

And btw, sex during my pregnancy was never painful... sometimes you need to be creative about your positioning, but other than that :-p

princessesmomma
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

Sounds like a sensitivity to sex. try to change position but if this doesnt help you may have a hyper sensitive uterus. I agree talk to your doc; believe me  they've heard it ALL!!!

PRO birth bonding, pro LIFE,  PRO breastfeeding, PRO babywearing, PRO CO-SLEEPING, and non-CIO! LONGING TO ADOPT!

navyNavy wife 2001   playing soccer girlDD#1 2002way to goDD#2 2004toddler girlDD#3 2008come homeDEPLOYED SINCE MAY 09

Braydens_Mama06
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:05 AM

They might be contractions since sex can sometimes cause them.  Sex makes your body release a hormone that is the same hormone that is needed for labor.  I would talk to your ob though because if that's the case, you might want to refrain from sex so you don't have the baby early.  Don't worry though, get creative.  I'm sure you can think of other things to do in the bedroom that don't require intercourse.  Good luck!

"Boys are found everywhere - on top of, underneath, inside of, climbing on, swinging from, running around or jumping to. Mothers love them, little girls hate them, older sisters and brothers tolerate them, adults ignore them and Heaven protects them. A boy is Truth with dirt on its face, Beauty with a cut on its finger, Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket." - Alan Beck

"Little girls are innocence playing in the mud, beauty standing on its head, and motherhood dragging a doll by the foot." - Alan Beck
MoM.i.aM
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 10:11 AM
That would make sense. Do you think I should call today or wait until my appointment in two weeks? I dilated early with DS because my braxton Hicks contractions were stronger than they should have been. At 25 weeks I was dilated 2 cm.
Quoting princessesmomma:

Sounds like a sensitivity to sex. try to change position but if this doesnt help you may have a hyper sensitive uterus. I agree talk to your doc; believe me  they've heard it ALL!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)